Local ATV trails?

Anyone know of a local place to go thats not ball busting me for riding there? Looking to get out on my banshee a bit this year, but want a local place to ride at.

Theres the pits off 9&20 in Schodack that are good to ride as long as you dont leave the pits and the trails right off of them. Leaving those trails is risky because it involves road riding and often cops (yeah, I got caught off the trails).

Theres also the railroad tracks and tons of pits/trails off Burdeck street in Rotterdam. Never had an issue there and theres plenty of trails to ride. They lead to the old town dump and the dump is kind of a cool track to ride on the weekends or at night when nobody is around. Im thinking it wouldnt be an issue parking your truck in the little industrial park by Mastroianni bread. I usually ride from a friend’s house so I dont have to deal with parking.

Ive been wanting to ride again for a while but nobody ever has time/the desire to ride these days or the weather is bad when I get a chance.

Yea I’m right in rotterdam by the beginning of chrisler ave. See people riding the streets, but I’m new to the area and don’t know of many trails there. I just don’t want to be hassled by the cops anymore. Just need a place to ride a few times a week with no problems.

Really you’d need to haul it to ride there. Riding across town like that is risky as hell. You might be able to ride the tracks down there but even thats a bit of a risk since you’d be in the busy part of town.

Ive never even seen a cop where Ive ridden in Rotterdam.

Yea I’m right by cross town plaza. Tracks are literally behind my house. I always see conrail back there tho.

The closet tracks to me are under Kings road and I have seen a few rail cops around there while driving over the tracks.

I dont ride that area because cops dont let people ride at the pond back there anymore and they look for problems sometimes.

Just for info. Is there such a thing as an ATV/dirt bike circuit around the area? like actual racing circuit.

There is also wherever this is

http://www.ride-ny.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175999#post175999

there used to be a pretty cool little track back behind the tracks off of exit 10 in the woods off pierce and vanpatten road, you can actually see if on google maps, but i heard the railway police dont let people ride back there anymore

Yea I use to ride in colonie on the trails off the side of I90. But again police don’t let anyone ride there. It’s fun fucking with them thinking they can keep up tho lol.