Local ATV Trails

Ok I have been looking for LEGAL ATV trails to ride locally. I really cant seem to find much in the area. I’m looking for a spot within about a hour of Schenectady to go to with my wife. Anyone go to certain areas to ride with no issues? I have two mini buggies registered and insured I would like to get out with this year.

If you know of a place please list it.

let me know when you find something too lol, even if its not legal but wouldnt get my balls busted too hard

Theres an atv club in Nassau with trails that Ive been considering joining.

I was just talking to a guy that lives out towards Windham and he said theres state atv trails out there. Just need to registered and insured to ride from what he said. Ive got the names of the trails in my van and will grab them later.

A little more than an hour away but if its legit it might be worth the drive.

Potter Hollow and Preston Hollow are what I was told. I couldnt find anything on Google or Yahoo but we all know how useless most searches are.

There is a club that is in Brunswick. They meet every second wed of the month at Guiseppes rt 7. Next one is Feb 13th. look up 'Northeast ATV-Association" on facebook. Apparently they have land to ride on and such.

http://northeastatv.org/

They dont say much about how big/long the trails are on the site.

Here’s the one Ive heard of:
http://hilltownriders.com/

I could really careless about joining a club. Honestly I have no intrest in going to weekly meets etc. Just want a place I can go for a day a few times a month.

Seems like the clubs have the only fully legal trails around here though unfortunately. Im not really looking to join one either but Id consider it if I had to.

Id like to find out more about the trails the guy at the jobsite I was at was talking about near Windham.

Yea a few of my coworkers are memebers out in Schodack. But if I am going that way. I might as well just ride on my buddies property where I only ride so far.

there is a legal trail system around lake desolation i’ve ridden a while back with my father and a few friends. I know they still ride there because i’ve been over to tinney’s and people always pull in to grab a beer. Last i rode those trailes they were pretty rough though, idk what you have for a buggy but you deffinately want 4x4, and i think a buggy would sit too low for those trials, unless you’re talking about a rzr or the-like.

I’ve ridden up there but I’m not sure if they were legal trails.

They are legal trails, the only ones around i know of. Most places don’t let dirtbikes and atvs ride on trails because they tear them up.

There is some good riding over in rotterdam junction off the tracks too, and no one bothers you over there. i dont think they are legal trails over there, but they are pretty nice

The buggies I have are Honda Odyessys 2wd 350 2 strokes. They have almost a foot of ground clearance. Pjb mentioned Rotterdam trails before to me. But I’d hate toget caught on a buggy if I’m not suppose to be ridding there.

any idea exactly where in rotterdam junction? Easy to park a truck and leave it??

you can park by the bad pig saloon

i wouldn’t recommend lake desolation trails then. last i was up there (which was a long time ago, prob 10 years), there are lots of big rocks and big deep mud holes, it would not be too much fun on an odyssey, trails are just wayy to bumpy

Yea I’m just looking for a few woods trails. I dont need to spend more time getting unstuck then actual ride time lol. Once the snows gone. I’ll have to scope out the Rotterdam trails with my on/off road.

I always parked at my brother’s friends house and rode out from Rotterdam and went across a shitload of roads in the area (Guilderland avenue, Helderberg avenue, Burdeck street, etc). Not really sure where a good place to leave a truck would be.

Tons of big rocks when I was up there a few years ago but my 2wd quad handled the trails ok with no damage.

Pjb, why didnt we go there last time??

because you said to try the Clifton Park trails and I really wasnt sure where to leave the trucks for the Rotterdam trails and really dont know how to get to the Lake Desolation trails since Ive only been on them once and rode out from my cousin’s friends property.