Local drive-shaft balancing?

Does anyone know of a local company that balances/rebuilds multiple piece drive-shafts?

I know Universal auto does single piece, don’t know if they do multi. Would be worth a call to find out.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check with them.

518-465-3471 Andi and Allen are good shit give them a call.

http://www.albanyuniversalautoparts.com/

I just sent them an email. Thanks guys!

Looks like they can’t do an Audi shaft. Any other recommendations?

Noone local man , ancas claim to but they suck and won’t send anything back there .

Fuck. Ok. Hmm…

I know you’ve probably looked, but is there any chance of getting a used one off your forums? Might save you some hassle. But WTFDIK lol

I’m just concerned that some asshole would sell me another bad one saying that it’s in good shape. A new one from Audi is $1500+. FML

couldn’t you just break down the drive shaft and have the 2 parts done separately?

I called the above mentioned shop and he said he just couldn’t do an Audi shaft, not sure the specifics on it though.

Bingo, as long as the center ujoint or cv is available. Some are not

Question is why does it need rebalancing? Rebuilding one doesn’t require balancing unless you’re actually replacing a main tube that was damaged.

I’ve got a guy that can do it, but it’s in Colorado. LMK if you need his info

I’m not sure then. The car vibrates like crazy at any speed of 55mph or greater. It got a lot worse when I put in a stiffer rear diff mount so I know it’s driveshaft related. I’m not sure what it is to be honest though.

What car, the 200? Just buy one of the driveshaft rebuild kits and try that. Its easy to rebuild. If the center bearing/cv is bad it can vibrate.

You can look at the shaft and see if it threw a weight by looking for spot weld/discoloration but that’s a rate occurrence. It’s not one of the carbon shafts is it?

This is for the S4. I can’t even find a rebuild kit for it. I do have a new center bearing that I haven’t got around to changing yet, which might be part of the issue. I vaguely recall the shaft possibly missing weights…

I had a part number for the end cv,s but will have to look for it. The center universal needs to be matched up via cup diameter and cup-to-cup spacing. You can get one, but it won’t cross reference as Audi. Iirc it’s the same size as a 280z center uvi, but again need to cross reference it.

If you see a spot where a weight may have gone missing, measure the rough size of the spot and factor in a washer of 11 gauge or less and tack it in place there. Go drive and test. Driveshaft balancing has quite a large tolerance.

The 200 has a rebuild kit, 90 carbons don’t and most newer German cars don’t either. Blows

Thanks Adam. I’ll give that a shot!