Local Exhaust Shop?

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any local (Buffalo Area) exhaust shops that would do relatively inexpensive fabrication. Wanted to get a 2.25/2.5 inch catback put on and I don’t want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks. I bought a catback already but of course the size was wrong on the midpipe so it wouldn’t bolt up to my car. If someone could bend and install a midpipe with the muffler I’ve already got (that is currently not installed) for under 150 then that would work great as well.

Car is a 2000 Subaru Impreza SW 2.2

Gotta head to work now:(

Thanks a ton,

JCruiza

mufflerman on deleware/sheridan

:word:

as already stated mufflerman…but if your looking for a complete cat-back its gonna run about $300-400

Mufflerman use stainless steel? Mandrel bends? Magnaflow mufflers?

you will not get a mandrel bent exhaust in buffalo

John at Midas Main/Transit

Or my 3’’ just looks mandrel bent?

was cut and weld? I ask because I can not for see a chain store buying 43k dollar pipe bender to do the Same thing a crush bender does.

I’ll go measure the pipe diameter in the bend…

Midas definitely does not have a mandrel bender…

yes, no, yes

lol. the only way you are going to get MANDREL bends around here is if you buy them and cut/weld.

depending on the degree of turn and diameter, those crush bends can get pretty poopy. I can’t blame them because it really isn’t their forte of work, but when i had mufflerman make exhaust “components” for me 4-5 years ago, i wasn’t real impressed. their customer service was GREAT, great guys, and great work (again, assuming their target market), but not my ideal solution at the time.

on the other hand, my dad had exhaust made for his '70 454 MCSS there and they did a great job for him. It all depends on how strict you are going with the performance

hell, if i had more time on my hands, i’d make you an exhaust… best place to go is “Columbia River Mandral Bending”. their prices are phenomenal, and you can make cool shit like this:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/TurboLS1ss/turbobuild4006.jpg

found these too. this doesnt really do a good representation of it, but this was a crush bend. picture doesn’t really do it justice. (these pictures were taken when i was trying to sell it, lol)

Thanks a ton for the responses everyone! I don’t need anything special, just something to get the job done, and I’ve got a muffler already, just need a midpipe to fit the muffler to the catpipe. I’d only go with another muffler if I could get it really cheaply and it didn’t sound like a$$.

I’ll probably take what I’ve got to mufflerman and see what we can do.

Thanks again!

JCruiza

mufflerman did my turbo back in stainless 3in it came out nice…