Local Gyms

ok i’m looking for a Gym to go to … i live in South buffalo so i need somethign relativley close.
i’d definatley would like something with a sauna as sitting int he sauna after i’m don’t working out is awsome but it’s not a must.
i also need something that is open wierd hours as i’m awake at wierd hours and need something to do my biggest thing.
i’d prefer something that dosen’t have a year long commitment. something shorter like 6 months as i don’t know when i’ll be leaving the area (trying to stay one last summer)
and i’d like somewhere that has a personal trainer. i know what i’m doing but i prefer someone pushing me to do more (now where would i get that from?). like a personal trainer that’s incuded with using the gym.

alrighty let me know what you guys know.
Mike

dont know of anything in/near south buffalo… but world gym on sheridan, out by transit has nice hours and is a nice facility

i can deal with a drive if it’s what i really want in a gym

yah you wont find anything like that around the southtowns

and im pretty sure you’ll have to pay for a PT after the first few visits and I hear they are pretty expensive

Oh shit… You know the Steel Mill on Abbot Rd is the pimp shit for people who live in South Buffalo

:word:

or Southtowns BAC, or Gold’s on Seneca Street+Orchard Park road.

i just joined ballys on union. open latest i could find, pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, racket ball, etc.

no commitment at all, i pay month to month. i wanted to join sooner, but december was a little too busy to have much free time.

edt: well, just off union by 5 corners.

if you dont mind a little drive there is the worlds gym in hamburg

^^^^ :tup: x657385737457

ok how much are all these diffrent gyms a month?

Just call them. Last I checked (about a year ago) Bally’s was the cheapest, and has the most equipment. If you are a an alumni of UB, that is a good option too. $150 for the year, and you have access to olympic size swimming and diving pools, basketball courts, racquetball, weights, etc.

me and a friend signed up. $118 total to start, includes first month, then $58/month. mike if u want tell me quick and i can put u on my “plan” and we all split the cost. then i can lok at you all the time all sweaty in the mirror

never been inside, but theres the “steel mill” on abbott rd in the abbott rd plaza

Golds on French/Transit is BY FAR the BEST gym i’ve ever been to/seen. Amazing layout, awesome lighting, TVs on basically EVERY piece of equipment, seperate womans only section, PTs that actually help, really nice selection of classes… runs $39/month after initial membership fees [the killer, about $300 for a single, $400 for a couple]… altogether to get started was about $500… awesome gym tho.

oh Jeff it’s free to start for this month BTW

Village Glen is great.

It’s not close to you though, all the way out in Billysville. Worth checking out though…

golds sucks. i work out in the northtowns one, and it is great for location, but that wasnt what sold me. they told me they were remodeling and that it would be done by september. i joined in may and got 4 free months, so that meant i had 1 year in a remodeled gym for about the same price as the BAC without the drive. BAC was better but golds was closer. well they are STILL remodeling, in fact they only started last month. no pool, no raquet ball, no sauna. they barely have 4 working toilets, and all of this stuff i mention is not included in the remodeling.

if ballys really has a no commitment member ship, then go far that. the one evolve is talking about is sweet. BAC southtowns is nice in the sense it is large. so even when it is crowded it isnt. but there are no pool, courts, blah etc (at least there wasnt when i worked out there a few years ago)

cliffs: golds N. towns sucks, i would bet they all do (even the one in the heart of boston sucks), ballys is sweet esp. if there is no commitment cuz thats always been their downfall. BAC is cool if you dont want the frills, but dont want the bare bones and overall shityness of golds. i heard worlds on sheridan was pretty sweet. quite a drive though.

mike, i think thats if u go for the 36 month. i went for the month to month. i’ll pay a little more to be able to kill it anytime.

Orchard Park BAC :tup:

well i think i’m gunna check out ballys for a month with their 20 trial membership then after that go to BAC …

overall with all the reviews i’ve read BAC seems to win out overall