Local mustang guys chime in

I’m curious about my options. My car is a 94 mustang cobra with a 331 and vortech s-trim tuned on an Anderson PMS series 1 or 2. I haven’t driven it in a couple years because it hasn’t run great and I haven’t had time or money. I now have extra scratch but not much for time.

I believe it may need a mass air sensor or tps but on top of that my wiring harness isn’t the greatest and I could use bigger injectors. So my thought was possibly going standalone to get a new wiring harness and going with a map sensor and some new injectors. I have heard from a couple tuners they don’t like the AEM for these cars, and it is discontinued. I would really love to take it to someone good that has the time to install a standalone, not to mention it would need to be tuned. Just curious if anyone on here has any advice for me on what to use or who to go to. I called Kennedy’s but he isn’t really looking to do a standalone right now. I’m open to Innovative but they sell Vipec who doesn’t make a kit with a harness for my car.

Or if anyone wants to buy the car that would makes things easy haha. It’s really not that bad just needs some loving.

I would assume using something more targeted for domestics would work better.

Holley, FAST, MSD and a few others all have stand alone systems.

My guess would be check the mustang specific forums I don’t know of anyone on here with a running stand alone setup on anything Ford.

Innovative is great with AEM if they sell it for the car.

How much? :slight_smile:

Muscle50’s mustang is on mega squirt, which I believe may be a stand alone but I’m not 100% sure as im not a domestic guy. John Donavan tuned that for him so maybe contact john and see what he can do for you?

What about that P&J Speedshop? I always see mustangs running around with their banner on. I’ve never really heard anything about them so not sure what their deal is.

Unless they moved they’re no longer there.

They moved into K&S years ago

There is no reason to change out the anderson unit … get ahold of adam marrer (sp?) From pops racing … or take it up to toroto to disilva racing

Do this, I want to do burn outs in this again before the tires dry rot.

^^^ yup

Adam did an awesome job on my car.

Derrick is right nothing wrong with the Anderson unit if tuned correctly.

However you said you are looking for a new harness. Probably the best deal in EFI right now are the Holley systems. New harness, user friendly system that runs full closed loop under WOT if you want.