Local repair shop question

The shop guarrentees their work themselves. Once you close the claim on the car the insurance co is done with the car. Its not Gieco getting involved again down the road to fix a hunk of bondo falling off the side of the car.

Its like anything its going to be alot of back tracking, and leg work to ATTEMPT get a repair fixed again. My wifes car 06 Passat we bought used from the dealer, I noticed the trunk was a shade off when we looked the car over, we pulled the car fax and found it was rust repaired under VW at Collision Experts. The giant VW ring always rusts out on the passats from that flip up VW logo thing. It lasted about a year and started bubling up paint and I could see rust behind it, I touched it and off flew a strip 3/4"X4" of paint. I called them and they said to contact VW becasue it was a VW rust repair. I called VW, nope they did it once, call the body shop for warranty work. Back and forth both on a conf call, they argued like school girls and I was fucked. I ended up fixing it myself, as I ground into it I hit filler and below the filler was shitty rust and NO sanding scratches on the metal showing it was atleast ground down then filled, looks like they just slatherd filler over it and painted it.

Again, I am not selling or pushing anyone away from any shop… I am giving my personal and professional expierence. UNDERSTAND the repair and what it takes to do RIGHT, if you dont know, ASK. Feel out the repair shops to see if they know the right way. Pick one. Make sure they DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. Ask them specificly what they will do if your unhappy with the results NOW, and what happens if repairs fail down the road. Hell get it in writting. Then cross your T’s and dot your I’s on the invoice and closing statement for the claim with insurance.

Agreed 100% Great work, great price, easy to communicate with, and went above and beyond to get it done right.