Another "Recommend Me a Collision Shop" Thread

I know theres plenty of threads upon searching, but the majority of them are a few years old. I just wanted to make sure the top dogs in town are still the go to guys.

Last night I was ran off the road by a champaign trailblazer. They hit the brakes and started sliding passenger side into my lane. I tried to swerve to squeeze in between the front of their car and a post of mailboxes but I clipped a large aluminum box and the entire post got me pretty good. Worst part was, the other car ran off down a side street. In retrospect I should have just plowed them and let their insurance take care of it but now im here with my thumb in my ass praying the Geico horror stories arent true.

Soooooooooooooo, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations of a shop you would trust with say, a Ferrari you planned on owning for 10 years. The vehicle is not a Ferrari but it is however only 6 months old and im pretty worked up about this. I have even considered just taking the loss and selling this thing if it cant be repaired close to new. I keep hearing Hoffman in Buffalo does great work but are expensive?

Please let me know what you got…

I work at a collision shop in Orchard Park, Bank Street Auto & Truck. Let me assure you, i’m not suggesting us just because I work here. I had a pretty good deer hit last winter that Bank Street fixed for me. (which is actually how I got the job) We are the body shop for VW of OP and have also done a lot of work on some pretty awesome cars. If you’re in the area, stop down. We can do an estimate for you and also show you some of the work we have done previous.

716-825-5791 www.bankstreetauto.com

Ive actually heard of you guys… I cant remember if it was in a good or bad context though lol. Either way im interested.

Also, anybody have any word if this has any chance of looking normal again? The A-Pillar took the brunt of the hit.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FADqgaU3iXg/Tyap3WbyRyI/AAAAAAAAAEM/EQRu7H2Nj5E/w580-h435-k/IMG540.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-beTPtVdLsjw/TyaqNJnjnEI/AAAAAAAAAEU/KvEAxlMdE7c/w300-h225-k/IMG541.jpg

I hope it was good! That’s a pretty nice hit. From what I can see in the picture, that can be fixed no problem. Do you have a minute or 2 to stop down so I can see it in person to give you a better idea? Also, did you decide if you plan on going through insurance??

I can’t recommend a shop, but I’ve dealt with Geico claims on a few occasions, and truth be told, I’ve never had a BETTER experience when it comes to insurance. Always was handled very quickly, and either repaired at my shop of choice to my level of work, or I had a check for the claim within 3 days of the loss.

Geico is actually probably one of the better insurance companies I work with.

Well im still fishing around for recommendations hence this thread, but if you could PM me some images of work you guys have done it wouldnt hurt.

And insurance is going to depend on how much its going to cost but the fender is pretty much donezo and the bumper has a small crack too so im assuming its not going to be cheap.

Well their customer service has always been great to me, which I assume would stay consistent with the claims process, however ive heard they really try to skimp you on a lot of things…

(Looks at pic) You are going to want to go through your provider…I hate reasoning with people that want to “save” money by not claiming it. It’s $500, and at the end the car will be fixed properly.

Good luck to you…! Let us know who you use and give some feedback.

I too have seen plenty of threads but it usually contains:

“My shiz is brok…who can I use!!!”

“Call Douche-bag auto, tell them Dick lick sent you…”

“K thanks <3…I liek butseks…”

Lmao, this is pretty accurate for the most part lol!

I like this part.

And oh, call Blasdell Customs, tell them Joe sent you.

Tom’s Body & Paint Shop
519 S. Niagara St
Tonawanda, NY 14150
716-695-1900

Tom is a great guy and does great work at a price that can’t be beat.

No dis towards Chevellegirl, but Licata’s has a solid alignment rep on here as a sponsor, and I have a good string of positive experience with their body shop as well.

LMFAO

X…

I appreciate all the input guys, keep it coming.

Can I ask however for some specific examples as well.

Rather than: “Check out Pedro @ Siqqqqq Auto Body on Hombre street, he does good work.”

Can I see: “My friend hit a Water Buffalo last year on his way to Yellowstone, his whole driver-side fender and hood were destroyed accompanied by many scratches in the door. He took it to Franz @ Autobahn Collision on Guten Tag Straße, and it came out flawlessly. The paint work was virtually perfect although there was a minor dent they unfortunately couldnt get out due to its location.”

I know thats a tall order but like I said, im looking for suggestions I can go on here, not just a place that did ok buffing your bosses old accord that you never saw. Perhaps this could be a useful thread to others in the future like Luke implied…

Double post

Schmidt’s on Pearl St, ask for Frank or Neil, I know Neil personally. They took good care of us, when my wife’s 1 week old Rogue was rear ended with me driving.

I have thus far had good experiences with Geico, when said incident occurred the at fault guy was under geico too and the claim rep keep me apprised of everything as it was happening, everything ended up going under the at fault drivers claim luckily (inspite him having the bare minimum liability coverage).

I will always recommend Aero Collision on Ransom Road. They are one of, if not THE best body shops in this area. Their show quality work is SEMA worthy and their customer service is top notch. If you want the job done right the first time just go there. The attention to detail they have is amazing.

When i curbed my bmw a few months ago, a piece of the sideskirt was hanging loose, Justin at swiderski motorcar expertly snapped it back into place

Does anybody have any experience with Hoffmans in Buffalo? Another co worker just recommended them to me…

My dad mentioned them to me not to long ago now that i think about it, he said they were pretty good.

Also a friend of mine who is a mechanic recommends Schmidts. he exclusively deals with them i guess