Local restaurant week IE: Cheap food

Went to Fiamma last night.

Going to Sea Bar tonight.

Carmelo’s tomorrow night.

Yay for local restaurant week!!

how was Fiamma?

Lombardo’s :tup:

what is the wait time?

i’m assuming everyone comes out of the woodwork for this?

Pretty good. I got the filet. It wasn’t the best filet I’ve ever had, but it was way better than you’ll get at Outback or one of those chains. The caesar salad was good and we ordered some lobster macaroni and cheese thing that was spicy as hell but delicious. Service was very good too considering how crowded it was.

I wonder what entre you got possibly be served at Prime 490 for that price!

IIRC, I spent about $200+ for dinner for two there a few years ago.

edit:

Any of our 14 dinner entrees that are $20.00 or less on the menu will be offered with a glass of wine & dessert for $20.09, tax and gratuity excluded.

This includes the Pasta, Steak & Entree sections of the menu.

Damn, even wine and dessert!

Lombardo was awesome.

I love Fiamma. Always worth it.

That’s funny… they do that every year in Boston. Better savings here though :lol:

‘left bank’ last night.

Best restaurant in Buffalo, imo.

Been there about 5 times… great food!

There was a time when I would go there 5 times a month, haha.

The GF and I went to Bacchus last night. Incredible service, food and atmosphere!

We spent more than just $20/person however since we both had two glasses of wine, two caesar salads to start and ordered an extra small plate of food because the $20.09 options were their small plates.

It cost us about $110 after we left a $30 tip. The wait staff was awesome and treated us like royalty/high class citizens. We were dressed very nice, as with everyone else who was there, I recommend you do the same :slight_smile: (Two $20.09 meals, two additional glasses of wine ($16), caesar salad ($7), additional small meal ($9) = $80 +$30 tip)

The caesar salad = 10/10. Came as whole romaine leaves and perfect flavor!

Scalops = 9/10. I like mine wrapped in bacon, which these weren’t. You only get two of them and some little potato things. They were definitely cooked to perfection and had great texture and flavor. -1 point for not getting 3 or more.

Shrimp & Calamari meal = 10/10 TONS of flavor (sweet/hot & sour?) and perfect texture! There was a lot of food there and it came in a bowl with shredded carrots for color. I ate them anyways, I <3 carrots.

Bistro Steak = 10/10 This was big enough for a meal alone. Hand made french fries unlike any I’ve ever tasted. They were amazing! The steak was pretty big, cooked in a gravy like marinade and was also perfect. This is what I recommend if you go.

Dessert = AWESOME
With the $20.09 we we tried two different choices. I had the apple tort thing and it was great! It was like apple pie without crust and it came out warm with vanilla ice cream. I found myself craving it again later that night after I got home it was so delicious.
The GF got the cheese cake. It came with fresh whipped cream and fresh blue&raspberries. It was also really good. 8/10 (not as good as the cheesecake factory… but, it’s called that for a reason)

The wine prices were around $7-8/glass. We have four glasses, two of which with the $20.09. The extra small side we got was the shrimp/calamari which was only $9. The caesars were $7 and we split them.

Go there. Now. :slight_smile:

BTW, I’ve been there before and the ribeye and filet mignon are incredible as well! Valentines day/anniversary/birthday type place! Sit, relax and take your time enjoying the atmosphere and being waited on hand & foot :slight_smile:

BTW, you get the usual water from the bottle and bread w/ oils.