Local tax places

What do you use and how is it charged? Hourly to do the actual return? How is h and r block or that eg tax? I am just out of college and worked full time last year so the only deduction I would have it my student loan so I just need a small local place.

if you have an easy return why not just do it yourself? takes 20 mins.

IN.
I have a fairly easy scenario but am curious rather than pay for turbocrap and efiles what a pro would charge. I’m sure they know loopholes etc… that could lead to a bigger return. I have a home and traded light stocks and futures contracts.

i still owe 1400 in student loans, are those tax deductable?

Only the interest you pay on the loan is deductible, and only up to $2,500 in interest.

ah ok gotchya. wasnt sure. I just got all my tax shit in the mail friday. how long would it take to get my tax return if I go somewhere say tomarrow and get it all filed? My dad always did mine lol.

unless you’re in school. Then you get a HUGE credit. I am getting 3500 from federal for being a student. basically I won’t have paid any federal taxes last year.

I just finished filing my taxes with TurboTax. It roxors. Sooooo much easier. I’m getting $729 from federal and $83 from state. Owed the state like $300 or something DOH! But its ok. I’m still gettin $800 all together so I’m semi happy with that.

What forms do I need from my student loan? I have one from the federal loan thing and one from citi student loans.

That is all I am waiting on for my tax info and then its up to figure out how much its gonna be.

I would pay HR block or something if I get my refund faster esp with that walk in with your taxes and walk out with cash program but I can’t imagine what fees they charge you on that.

I use bonafide tax in Kenmore, NY

Donna Mills

She does a great job, doesnt charge much either

I have been going to EGtax for a few years because I am too lazy to
buy the software, or fill out the forms myself.

Boxxa, i know its a little out of the subject, but where did you buy your car?

My father goes to her, he really like her!

My mother uses James Nowicki – IIRC he’s in West Seneca

I use turbo tax.

i go to H&R block

Yeah I did mine with Turbo Tax last night. Had to pay for it this year becuase I used the freebe last year, but it only took me like 30 mins and I got it done and over with nice and early so I’m happy. Cost me $54.XX after sales tax.

If you don’t have a schedule C (private business) or a bunch of investment income paying to have your taxes done is probably a waste. The year I did a bunch of consulting I used a professional tax preparer, but this year I just used software and did it myself.

Look around and you can always find deals on taxcut or turbotax. This year I picked up TaxCut with 5 free efiles for federal and state for $25.

Yesterday I overheard a a lady talking to her friend.

“i went to H&R block to do my taxes, but they sucked”

“why?”

“They wouldn’t even put down that i donated 200 dollars to salvation army… I mean, I didn’t, but i want someone who is going to work with me. They said they couldn’t put anything on my return that I didn’t have proof of… Can you believe that? The guy didn’t know ANYTHING about taxes”

This lady was so fucking flabbergasted that the person doing her taxes wouldn’t squeeze her through every fucking tax loophole…

EG tax for the last 3 years… never had a problem

unless you have itemized deductions in excess of 5k, you wont be able to deduct any portion of your student loan interest.

i am a licensed CPA. if anyone wants to have their taxes done, pm me and we can talk.

Anyone care to post what you paid to do it at EG tax or Hand R block?