lololololololololololololololololololololololoo

enough? Ok read this then

:skid

This should be a great case.

Appointments under recess is nothing new and have been done since the 1800’s, however what’s interesting is in this case is whether or not they were really in recess, at the time the ruling is that they weren’t.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid=%270DP%2BP\W%3B%20P%20%20%0A

Summary
Under the Constitution (Article II, §2, clause 2), the President and the Senate share the power to
make appointments to high-level policy-making positions in federal departments, agencies,
boards, and commissions. Generally, the President nominates individuals to these positions, and
the Senate must confirm them before he can appoint them to office. The Constitution also
provides an exception to this process. When the Senate is in recess, the President may make a
temporary appointment, called a recess appointment, to any such position without Senate
approval (Article II, §2, clause 3).
This will likely move into higher courts for further discussion.

The cluster fuck is that Republicans are using a strategy created in 2008 by Democrats to try to block Bush from doing the same thing. They would gather once every few days for 60 second sessions and end them, proving that they aren’t infact “in recess” as they are having meetings.

Karma…

If the court does indeed rule that this was unconstitutional then…

Under the court’s decision, 285 recess appointments made by presidents between 1867 and 2004 would be invalid.
It will create quite a clusterfuck on the legal scale.

:pop

Yuuuuuuuuuup.

Am I the only one who thinks its funny that Obama was referred to as “Mr. Obama” every time his name was brought up after the first paragraph?
It is like a little beam of hope, despite the fact that all presidents are referred to as President XXXXX even after their term(s) is(are) over.

I doubt the supreme court wont favor Obama, look what they did for Obama care.

My personal opinion would be that in modern times this particular presidential power really isn’t needed. I mean how can they justify not the extra few days for issues like this. It would seem to me that Obama was trying to make sure he got the people he wanted on the panel.

Cliff notes:

“President did something while while we weren’t there”

• “President has the power to do things while you’re note there”

“But we were there!!!”

• “Why didn’t you stop him?”

“We were there for 60 seconds every few days, so we didn’t have the time…it’s NOT FAIR”

I swear out entire Government is a bunch of highly paid kids who do nothing but bitch and moan and blame the other side saying “they did it first/they started it”.

:facepalm

Congress barely shows up to work and then we wonder why nothing gets done.

First rule of employment: SHOW UP for work

Shouldn’t talk like that Will. State might pass some law that’ll make all this talk an act of terrorism and get you arrested, you know cause this state sure doesn’t give two shits about rights and civil liberties it seems.

/rant

The bolded text nicely summarized how I feel about both parties.