looking at HDTV's

i want to buy a new HDTV 32"-37" i really dont want to spend more than 900 for one but if i have to i will. the one i really liked was this one from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101109 i preferably would like a 37" but i could go 32" if i have to to stay within price range

what are good brands or could this similar tv be had for less other places?? i really know nothing about HDTV’s

this was the 32" one i was lookin at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101108

Sharp makes one of the best HD TV’s out there, good choice.

I’d look over on highdefforum.com.

go out on black friday and score the 46" sharp aquos for 999 at sears. but like rubicant said sharp is probably the top brand with quality right now. samsung and and philips are there also.

:tup: to Sharp

Philips is :tif:

Whatever you get…the extended service plans are highly recommended.

46" is way to big for my needs.

do the tv’s really have that many problems where u should get the extended plan?

lotsa links in here.

http://www.tvsnob.com/archives/cat_how_to_buy_an_hdtv.php

more informative reading then you can shake a dick at.

Any tv that you’re considering, search for it on avsforums and theres likely a lengthy thread about it. Check it out.

edit nikuk beat me to it.

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:6,topic:38818"”]

do the tv’s really have that many problems where u should get the extended plan?

[/quote]

I’ve lost a lot of faith in consumer electronics being that I work at a service center,lol.I know that if I was buying a LCD for $1000 I definitely would spring for it.Paying out of pocket for parts and labor really sucks.

Sharp vs. Samsung.

GO.

I have a Samsung 50" plasma and a Sony LCD, both HDTV both are supposed to be the best, I personally like the Samsung. Just make sure you read customer review on line, best way to get a well rounded opinion of what your buying.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:8,topic:38818"”]

more informative reading then you can shake a dick at.

[/quote]

lol. listen to the man.

www.fatwallet.com
www.slickdeals.com

Wait till Black friday weekend. There will be many deals… not necessarily on black friday. Use those websites to find a good deal. They are very up to date. Dont buy anything smaller then a 42".
You can get a 37 for like 600 bucks.

[quote=“Zong,post:11,topic:38818"”]

Sharp vs. Samsung.

GO.

[/quote]

for an LCD based set?

Sharp.

*www.slickdeals.net

i keep reading that on a 37" tv that you wonr be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p cause its a small tv is that true??

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:16,topic:38818"”]

i keep reading that on a 37" tv that you wonr be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p cause its a small tv is that true??

[/quote]

on a smaller tv the pixels are physically smaller in size so its harder for a person to see seperation/differences between them. (for the same resolution)

I think it would be pretty pointless to spend extra money for a smaller 1080p. At that level you are just buying specs and not a significant improvement in picture quality. Believe the reviews and advice.

1080p for 40" and up. Even 40" is pushing it for extra money vs. benefits

[quote=“Nikuk,post:14,topic:38818"”]

for an LCD based set?

Sharp.

[/quote]

elaborate? anyone else?

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:2,topic:38818"”]

Sharp makes one of the best HD TV’s out there, good choice.

[/quote]

they are nice, but…

fujitsu > *

sony sucks

samsung ftw (best bang for the buck)

Listen to the elders ( such as ^ )

[quote=“Zong,post:18,topic:38818"”]

1080p for 40" and up. Even 40" is pushing it for extra money vs. benefits

elaborate? anyone else?

[/quote]

agreed.

and

personal opinion from alot of different instore viewing sessions. also, iirc from your thread, you’re looking the larger size range, where sharp shines - based on reading up reviews & owners threads.

I like samsung LCDs alot, but if you aren’t on too strict of a budget, Sharp is sharper, has better transitional speeds, and i just think they look better.

Samsung is def an immediate 2nd suggestion.