Looking for a bone stock ls1 to run...

not much to see really

When I get back from the one lap and if I can get him to bring the car in for some service work right after the event I could do that. Don’t know how well of a race it would be, since it dynoed ~20RWHP more than that car and weighs about 1000lbs less than your buddies car. 335s PS2’s out back hook up rather well.

All depends on what his plans are for the car after the event. Sometimes he heads right down to FL immediately after.

Both of you are wrong. I saw it in southern new york when I working during the robin hood rally

Oh yeah that’s when he was doing that reality TV show thing with it. He was taking it to those events in between all the wiring work and tranny work I did to it last year.

that was such a fucked up event anyway.

I was talking about me and you running them! not you and the tiburon! It wouldnt be much to watch.

its a stock ls1 right?

what do stock ls1’s run? on average. not the fastest ever lol

12.8-13.5 @ 105-109

Yeah it’s a bone stock 99 f-body motor…right down to a fully catted exhuuast. Copalla tweaked the tune on it a little bit, but mostly because whoever had it “tuned” before was running it WAY to lean and I wasn’t comfortable with it being out on the track like that with Don at the wheel. IIRC it put down just under 300RWHP. Not alot, but still a handfull in such a light mid engined car.

I’d run you, but I think it’d be the other way around in comparison and I’d just be looking at taillights on most other LS powered cars on this site. :lol

I ran a 13.3 at 108, no traction in 1st or 2nd.

well its safe to say your car has 100rwhp less then me on motor, but 1000lbs lighter…that tells me it would be very close! I am actually curious to see how much of the weight difference would have a affect.

gearing?

I rebuilt the gearbox last year with this ratio from the turbo box(It’s not a T56 back there just FYI, has a Porsche G50/03 gearbox)

1= 3.50
2= 2.059
3= 1.409
4= 1.13
5= CM .81
FD= 3.44

hmmm. It would definitely be a blast!

are you happy with the ls1 in it? Weren’t you thinking about putting a cam in it a while ago?

Cam, heads, header, SC, Motons…yeah I had planned a ton of shit for it but Don’s a wuss and can never make up his mind on things. Changes his mind like a woman changes he shoes.

I reality the car would be perfect with a mild cam, LS6 intake, and a decent exhaust on it(custom). 400RWHP would be rediculous out on the track with it, and to think I’ve built a couple other chassis that the owners put 800+HP engines in them. I have no idea how they drive them. The car is WAY twitchy with stock suspension and steering knuckles. It’ll out corner a Ford GT in the right hands, but is far less stable than one in a straight line at speeds over 140mph. Quite scary actually.

damn. It sounds like a handful but a blast to drive.

Thing looked nuts.

I’ll have it back here at some point this year. Just not sure when. OLOA 2011 is in ~ month so I’ll know more then.

how is that a/c in it lolol

still working lat I knew. Good thing because that was a fucking nightmare to repair. big thanks to you for putting up with the multiple trips to the garage to charge/discharge the system.

I have a friend with a bolt LT1 car that might give him a run. Not sure if his is on the road yet or not though.

I’ve got an lt with exhaust and nothing else?