looking for a brand new c6?

For those of you who want a brand new C6. Little birdy whispered to me, youre able to pick up a 1LT (base model/options) for ~$39,400. With a M6.

Z51 package for about $41,750

I’m sure no one will take advantage of it, but just wanted to pass it down from the vette boards.

Also can’t confirm this, but theres supposedly many dealers selling 07 Z06’s for about $8000 off sticker

They Look Like Vipers :greddy2:

why arent they selling? Or why are they cutting prices so much?

it is possilbe those are 06’s and the dealer wants em off the lot soo he can get 07s

or the roofs fly off

theyre 2007’s. Ahh… GMinside news announce the new engine for the 2008 C6. Which is prob why the 07’s arent selling

It’s also really no surprise, since GM’s stocks are in the toilet. If you cant make a profit, at least push some volume to show your share holders theres a demand for your product. You can get insane deals on pretty much any GM product.

except that goddamned Aveo. Every time I try to look at one, or refer someone else to buy one, those fucking dealers push the Cobalt for the same price.

They’d rather sell a Cobalt for thousands under sticker than sell an Aveo at sticker. Anyone know why?

prob cause they’re both gay

any deals on the new gm fullsize trucks?? and when do the new 2500hd series come out??

watch it asshole:eek4:

there are too many LSx engines after the next couple years. there are like 10 versions of the engine. now the ls3 and ls9 and god knows what else is comin out

ill find out

:kiss:

08 Corvette C6 to get the LS3 6.3L V8 ~440hp

LS2 is still in production though for the base V8 engine Camaro (GTO return in 09? still rated at 400hp), Grand Prix, Impala (rated at 362hp)

No word on the Z06, but there is a supercharged version in the works to compete against the 08 Viper SRT-10 which has 600hp and an 8.4L V10. But its supposed to be like 6.2 or 6.3L forged with a roots blower.

With the next-gen Cadillac CTS-V getting the 7.0L 505hp LS7

Camaro/GTO production is rumored as

Base-3.9L V6 rated at 265hp
Mid- 6.0L LS2 V8 rated at 400hp
High- 6.3L LS3 V8 rated at 440hp (could go up depending on what Ford does with the Shelby, and what Dodge does with the Challenger SRT-8)

But I doubt we’ll see an LS7 or LS9 in a Camaro/GTO

probably cause the Cobalt is a better car, less problems per 100 vehicles. Maybe a higher comission, unless it’s a straight plan deal. More factory incentive to push it off the lot. Spiffs, etc.

It’s also easier to make the customer feel they got a better deal. $3000 off a Cobalt is better than $500 off an Aveo.

ya, thats for sure. why would you pass on a cobalt for an aveo anyways?

an ls3 in the new camaro would be perfect. id want one so bad. itd be sweet to get an ls7 or 9 in one, somehow, but i doubt itll happen also.

that s/c ls9 will be ridiculous.

i like the aveo better. it doesn’t look like a cavalier.

also, it shares a lot of parts with my car (except the engine), and i chose my car over a cobalt.

only issue is, making the LS3 Camaro/GTO competitive with cost.

Figure an LS2 Camaro/GTO to be $27,000-$32,000 (coupe) which is right in line with the Mustang GT.

If you price the LS3 Camaro/GTO to high i.e. $39,000-$43,000 you’re “possibly” cutting into Corvette sales, even though theyre different kinds of car.

So GM is almost going to be forced to price the mid level Camaro/GTO to be slightly under the Mustang to get their high tier car at a competing price.

Gm need to concentrate on a fuckin sedan they can sell tons of instead of trucks and performance cars. the RWD impala can’t get here fast enough.

why does Chevy have to come up with a new engine every other year that only makes marginally more power than its predecessor?

No wonder they lost billions last year. What a worthless company.

agree 100%

Shaler, thats cool if you like that better. the cobalt is the obvious better car though. it shares nothing with the Cavi and looks nothing like one. but i guess having something that looks like Steve Urkle’s car (the aveo) is better than havin something that ‘looks like a Cavi,’ right?