looking for a brand new c6?

Also, you like small faggy cars with no power or style.

next year. Grand Prix and Impala. RWD V8 362hp

Whats strange is though, theyre still turning a small profit off every car, with the exception of the smaller vehicles. Not enough to drag their stocks out of the shitter though. Whats even funnier is… they make about the same profit Toyota makes per car, but almost 2x the manufacturering costs. Just think if they could cut costs on making the car.

Well it does have the same 2.2L ecotec (L61) And im sure theres a few parts bin parts on it.

but its one of 3 engines you can get. and that base 2.2 motor is still 40 more hp than the aveos engine. the tranny is different (as far as i know…atleast in mine i’m 100% sure it is, not sure about in the LS with manual), as is the platform. plus it looks nothing like the cavi.

we’ve had this discussion before (not you and i, but pittspeed as a whole)

Cavalier is not the Cobalt. Two completely different platforms. Yes, the cobalt replaced the cavalier. But theyre not the same car.

Thats basically saying the RSX is the Integra. Two completely different platforms, same entry line

the cobalt has 40 more hp, to haul around MUCH more car.

and it looks just like a fucking Cavalier, for sake.

No, it wouldnt be like an RSX and integra. Considering the RSX is still sold under the intergra name in japan (the RSX is just a renamed integra). It would be more like a grand am is nothing like a G6.

Not Chevy…general motors…

true, but theyre still two different platforms… comparing the last gen integra to the rsx

chevy could’ve still called the cobalt a cavalier, but why didnt they? ohh… completely different platform

When I started reading this thread, I was interested. Vettes, Camaros, GTOs, high powered RWD sedans…interesting.

Then I lost interest as the conversation switched to the finer points of the Aveo…not so interesting.

haha. ya, Shaler and his fucking econo cars. i still wanna know why he wont drive a car that ‘looks like a cavi’ but is ok to drive a car that looks like Steve Urkels.

anyways, i didnt read much on the ls3 and i dont feel like searching. why is it the ls3 and not just a ls2 with a hp bump?

i wonder if the z06’s prices are effected by this?

theres a few online ads, for Z06’s right at about $64,000

because the LS3 isnt a 6.0L. It’s a 6.3L

ignore the stuff about the Aveo.

Speakin of high powered Sedans… did you see the Ford Interceptor? based off the Mustang platform?

RWD 4.6L 3v

ehh…i don’t like it

there is no reason they shouldn’t still have the same pushrod 5.7L they’ve been using for the last 40 years. This LS23456789 6.0L 6.3L yadda yadda bullshit is costing them a ton of R&D money. Why? so they can say they have some “new engine”. Who gives a fuck?

Like you couldn’t make a good old LS1 put out the power these new engines are putting out with a few tweeks.

And as far as turning profit, GM lost 10 billion dollars last year. If they don’t do something VERY drastic in the next 3 years, Toyota is going to buy them for $5.

displacement is the new hotness i guess.

that’s kinda scary… isn’t it? i’d hate to own a car for 4 months and lose 15+ grand on it