looking for a brand new c6?

looks like a chopped even more 300.

well alot of them were bought over sticker price, so you gotta know that goin in that your payin above sticker just to beat everyone on the hype…which in turn kills you on resale

in for used C5 prices to fall as well.

agreed! paying 84 for them was ridiculous… seeing them sell for right around 60k is almost sorta kinda tempting… c6 zo6 >

probly alittle it but not much. they already took the big dive. the weird thing is the C5 Z is still commanding high 20s to 30s, even for an 01 or 02. i wouldnt pay that for a used 02. if i were to buy an 02 Z, for it to be worth it, id look to spend about 23-25 for a under 45,000mi one. but itd be hard to find one in that range, which is sorta ridiculous in my eyes, with the base vette putting out 400 and now the ls3 wil be even more.

LS2 LS3 LS6 LS7 when is it going to stop?

fully loaded, with navigation and big brake package was right around $74,000 MSRP

I think its the base model Z06 thats selling brand new for $64,000.

i.e. standard z06 brakes and no navi

LS9. 6.2L Supercharged Fully Forged :slight_smile:

Coming soon to a full carbon fibre bodied/aluminum frame 3000lb Corvette near you :slight_smile:

Another nice thing is though, Gen III and IV small blocks, the parts are inter changeable. So not a whole lot of R&D is needed Gen IV small block

beat… so they are just down to sticker???

gimme a min, ill look… I could’ve sworn I saw some selling for low 60s, i dont think theyre in the high 50s… pretty sure invoice on one is 59k

here’s the 08 C6 options and codes
1YY07
10U-Arctic White Exterior
41U-Black Exterior
45U-Velocity Yellow Exterior
67U-Machine Silver Metallic Exterior
74U-Victory Red Exterior
83U-Atomic Orange Exterior
85U-PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, BLUESTREAM T
89U-PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, CRYSTAL CLAR
023-Cobalt Red Leather
026-Ebony Leather with Red Inserts
193-Ebony Leather
245-Sienna Custom Leather Wrap
313-Cashmere Leather
316-Ebony Leather with Cashmere Accents
425-Linen Custom Leather Wrap
843-Titanium Leather
846-Ebony Leather with Titanium Inserts
1LT-LT Package Option 1
2LT-LT Package Option 2
3LT-LT Package Option 3
4LT-LT Package Option 4
LS3-Engine, 6.2L, V8, SFI
MN6-Transmission, 6-Speed, Manual
MX0-Transmission, 6-Speed Auto
C2L-Roof Package, Dual Removable
CC3-Roof Panel, Removable, Transparent
D30-Custom Color and Trim Combination
F55-Magnetic Selective Ride Control
FE9-Federal Emissions
GU2-Performance rear axle, 2.73 ratio, l
NE1-Northeast Emissions CT/MA/ME/NY/PA/
QG6-Wheels, 5-split spoke Silver Painted
QG7-Wheels, 5-spoke Forged Polished
QX1-Wheels, 5-split spoke Competition Gr
R8C-Corvette Museum Delivery
U2K-XM Satellite Radio
U3U-Audio System w/Navigation
US8-Audio System, AM/FM Stereo, CD, MP3
US9-Audio System, AM/FM Stereo w/ 6 disc
VK3-Front License Plate Bracket
YF5-California Emissions
Z51-Performance Package

$1000 under sticker is the best I could find… which is easily negotiated

you wont do it

woodhawk speedbumps > z06

Wait… what “bigger” brakes are you talking about Blue? There’s only 1 Z06 brake package. It’s pretty gigantor and has 6/4 piston front/rear calipers but it actually is pretty shitty. Serious road course C6 Z guys go to Stoptechs or something of that nature anyway.

They sell @ MSRP now which is cool, I’ve even heard of a few K below. But not 8. You’re not going to get a (new) C6 Z anywhere near 60k.

-TJ

Very little $ goes into the LS series designs vs. new car designs and such. Especially because most of the cost is amortized into the (still profitable) trucks. For example, the L92 in the Escalade uses a lot of the LS7 research. And there’s nothing wrong with pumping out factory heads that flow over 330cfm. :idb:

And no, GM couldn’t make the LS1 make the power AND TORQUE of a L92 or LS3 and still pass CA emissions and such.

I’m not saying GM isn’t stupid and setting themselves up for extinction. But it’s not the Gen III/IV motors doing it. Hell, they may be be their second saving grace behind the new full-sized truck/suv platform.

-TJ

on the 06’s there was a brake upgrade option, right around $3800. It’s now standard on the 07’s Which is why the MSRP magically jumped up about $4k from 06-07. I just checked Chevy.com to see for myself.

Ya, the $8k below sticker was erroneous rumor spread on the net. Cheapest I’ve seen so far is about $67k Which is a 1LZ package

There was no optional brake package on a '06 Z06.

Here’s the '07 brakes: http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/corvette/2007/z06_brakes_en.jsp same as '06. And they suck. I know, plenty of my friends have 'em. The guy I got my car from sold it to buy an '06 and he had those brakes, hated them, and now runs Stoptechs.

FWIW I can get all 4 calipers, rotors, factory pads, and the brackets to run C6 Z06 brakes on my car for ~1600. That’s far less than any other big brake answer out there. But it’s just not worth it. The pads cup, and having six per caliper front are super expensive and a massive PITA to change @ the track. The rotors were also miss-engineered (or GM just got really really cheap). Instead of true left and right hand rotors there is only one type. So on one side of the car the rotors turn the wrong way for the cooling veins to be effective.

I though you had one, why don’t you go look?

-TJ

agreed 100%. IMO, the LS2 was a bandaid engine for the LS3 to come out. Yes it’s wonderful, and has many good applications, but it wasnt “different” enough from it’s Gen III predecessor the LS1

I do have 6 pistons on mine… what I’m saying is, I could’ve sworn there was an option on the 06 for them. Meaning, two different brake packages.

I remember someone stating the standard brakes were just a slight upgrade from the standard C6, then the 6 pistons. Maybe im not explaining it to you properly.

What I’m trying to figure out (or if i was smoking crack about two different brake options) is Why is there a $4000 difference between an 06 2LZ and an 07 2LZ

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jwr5060/z06sticker.jpg

p.s. before you all get your panties in a knot, this isnt my sticker, I dont feel like scanning mine in, when this one will suffice. This is for a red car

Went to go build on one chevy.com. I loaded it up chrome wheels, navigation, onstar, 2LZ, came to like $79k. Theres still about a $4000 difference between years for the same options.