looking for a cast welder....

anyone good at welding cast? im going a cheap route for now and id like to run an ewg in my stock turbo manifold with bigger turbo on it. i need someone to machine a hole, and weld a short pipe and flange on for a ewg set up, ill probably just dump right out the bottom some where. but aside from that id want the wg flap welded shut on my current turbo till i get back to the holset… i had a buddy who could weld this but he likes to drink and drive and now lost his privilages of taking his tig home anymore… so cheaper the better, but i want it done right, i know theres certain ways you have to do cast so i figured id ask here …

it’s gotta be smoking hot, typically preheated in an oven… and it’s likely to fail, not sure how well it’ll hold up.

you can bevel it and weld it in multiple passes to ensure penetration but im no professional. I just weld shit together. Your best bet would be to contact lowlyoilburner. he does this shit for a living.

im a pipe welder/fitter, certified Mig Tig Stick and fluxcore. . 771 4774.

Pretty sure lowly oil burner hung up his welding mask for good…

Preheat, weld with high nickel filler, bury with sand so it cools very slowly. At least that’s what I’ve been told…

Pretty sure he’ll kill you if you ask him to weld for you. Superior Hate.

99ls1 ill give you a call in the next few days …

Srsly! It’s a shame, he was so freaking good

and angry

Wrong. I use to do that shit for a living. I sell welding supplies for a living now. I like my job now.

i wanted a superdope manifold ^ =/

What turbo is it it for? Why dont you just get an o2 housing made for an external wastegate and have your wastegate on your turbo taken off/welded?

i thaught about plumbing it back in , but ill probably just cap my wastegate pipe on my downpipe for now, and run open dump. its for an older ihi vf8 subi turbo i hyrbid onto a mazda vj20 turbine housing with some machine work… im kinda looking for the cheap route for the fact of im going to an hy or hx35 soon and i want that to deffinatly be ewg for better boosting … and ill be needing a different downpipe for that thing too, so why pay for more than i need at the time…lol…

pm zero5672 he use to work with lowlyoilburner and he has wnet out on his won and he is getting good at wleding he just made my top mount mani and thing came out sick

what did he charge you for a manifold? any pics? ill be going that route in time…