Looking for a daily driver under 5k

Hey,

I have to buy a car ASAP and I have roughly 4500 cash to work with on hand… really like the idea of getting an Infiniti I30 or G20, but I can’t find one that isn’t autotragic…so its either get an autotragic G20/I30 or find something else…I’m kinda set on the Infiniti but I havent driven one yet so I can’t comment…plus the auto shit sucks…

I have to get my girlfriend to drive me out to pick something up and I want to keep it within 40-50 miles of where I live…traffic can be nuts out here…I want to avoid NYC as well…I don’t want to have her haul me 2-3 hours away just to find out it’s a piece of shit. I live in the zip code 06516 by the way.

I don’t want to mod the car, I’ll buy a fun car in a year. I have a lot of money tied up in investments and shit that I won’t recover til next year. I’m just hoping to get something to drive to my apartment and school and gigs…the bus and getting rides is really tedious and I hate being a leech…so the car just needs to be somewhat reliable…suggestions?

Get a older 5spd civic and youre done.

If it has under 200k you shouldnt have problems.

get yerself a honda don

yeah it’s looking like that…i never saw myself as a honda guy, so I guess I was looking for something outside the obvious…but then again beggars can’t be choosers. i need to get out and drive one of those infinitis.

Why not get an E30 “ix”

RWD is fine, it doesn’t snow that bad here…

I am wondering if a 100k BMW would be worth it - I am considering it

Also considering buying a nicer one in 2-3 months when I get my cash right

ix’s have the worst awd everrrr

Why does it suck so bad in comparison to other AWD systems I don’t recall that ever really being explained. (Asides from the obvious weight, and other disadvantages from RWD BMWs in a performance oriented application.)

But more back on topic:

But $4500 can get a good solid car. Honda’s being the obvious choice if reliable transportation is the main priority.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=&minAsk=2000&maxAsk=4000

ix is different from the xi (AWD) and not its not that bad… i own one :shithitfan:

main concern at a >$5000 price range for a clean car

reliability: Honda civic
luxury: Saab 900 or 93
Economy: Honda civic

Honda civic wins in my book.

My 95 Honda civic EX is always up for sale, just passed inspection yesterday :slight_smile: Kills the MPG, gets the hotties to drop their panties, crushes LS7’s from a dig and single turbo supras from a roll :slight_smile:

why not just pick up another audi a4… they can readily be had in that price range, and you certainly know how to fix them if need be… just get a 2.8 so your not tempted to mod the fucker

I’ve had 3 already over 100K, the only servicing I’ve done was changing the oil, they are seriously tanks

Just because you buy a honda DD doesn’t mean you turn into a “honda guy”.

A honda is a pretty safe move IMHO.

SRSLY.

Any you know me, that shit breaks it is so easy to fix.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55086&highlight=525i

:word:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54172&highlight=ek
I know you said you wanted something other than a civic, but you could buy mine and have some money left over to play with. Its runs great and has about 50k on the motor.

i have a 97 civic for 2700. its all yours

[quote=DarkkstaR;1074003] I live in the zip code 06516 by the way.

quote]

You’re living in west haven now? Thats where I’m from…

Can’t you find an E30 in decent shape around there? and manual…