looking for a decent place to shoot

Wny area I usually go to zoar valley but its kinda crappy terrain
If anyone knows of any legal places to shoot Lmk iv been iching

Movie theater?

I was out to the Alabama Swamps area years ago (east of Amherst / Clarence). Not sure if this is still an option. Need to do some blastin myself.

Too soon?

Iv never been to the swamps I want to check it out soon. Was there a Designated area or kinda like zoar find an acceptable area and have at it

The swamps have like 4 berms set up, cheaper than going to Niagara gun range. When it gets busy it can be a pain, but I was there early on Sunday and no one else was there.

What is the longest rifle shot you think they have there? It’s been a LONG time since I was there and I want to start sighting in my Grendel. It’s definitely a long range caliber but I need to start somewhere.

BUMP Places to shoot in the southtowns? Been out of the gun scene for 20 years or so, just acquired some and want to practice

Niagara Run range. Depew Is opening a range soon. The Swamps if you want free http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.~pos.43.106186139544_-78.482477405832_Alabama+Swamps+Shooting+Range&cp=43.106186139544~-78.482477405832&lvl=16&sty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL6&mkt=en-US#Y3A9NDIuOTk3ODUwfi03OC42NDU1NzEmbHZsPTEwJnN0eT1yJnJ0cD1wb3MuNDIuODg1NDQxXy03OC44Nzg0NjRfQnVmZmFsbyUyQyUyME5ZX19fZV9+cG9zLjQzLjEwNjE4Nl8tNzguNDgyNDc3X0FsYWJhbWElMjBTd2FtcHMlMjBTaG9vdGluZyUyMFJhbmdlX19fZV8mbW9kZT1EJnJ0b3A9MH4wfjB+

Are the swamps legit? Or is this a place where you look out for cops? Pretty far but might be fun if there are a few others there to shoot with, or provide medical attention when my homebuilt AK blows up in my face

I finished it yesterday, itching to try it out

Swamps is legit, but there are rules about how early you can shoot, nothing before noon. Last time I was there I was told if you crack a shot off 5 minutes early you can count the seconds before the man shows up and starts handing out tickets.

EDIT:
Someone confirmed it was noon.

NYspeed meet soon?

Swamps is paper only, noon to dusk, clean up your mess.

Yes paper only. i bring with me a 8" AR500 steel plate every time i go and never had a problem with it. alot funner than just paper. Also i usually bring mini clays to shoot with the .22… im the winter there is almost never anyone there. So i say NYspeed meet for sure.

In for skeet skeet.

Anyone free on saturdays?

I’m free on saturdays

Would like to run first rounds through my new build. Weekend availability only. Not riding the sled this Saturday.

I’m down for Saturday, perfect opportunity to stop at the Akron gun show on the way

Nice AK. Too bad there’s not many of you out towards the Finger lakes, I have a membership with the Canandaigua range and I’ve been going down most every Sunday to shoot my AUG A3. You can bring a few non-members for free to shoot.