Gun Lovers, Trip to the Swamps?

Well after 6 weeks of Army flight training, i am in the mood for some shooting.I was wondering if some guys wanted to head out to the Alabama Swamps next weekend for some shooting fun. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Alabama??

I remember goin fishin there when i was younger, some big fish in the water for you to shoot the shit out of. :smiley:

I’m in for this. never been out that way before though.

Thats where I go to shoot!!! Good place!

I’ll let you know if I can. I’m in Akron so it’s not very far from me. What are you shooting?

In, pm details

haha, are we hunting black people?

I’m shooting this, I’m thinking 9am sat morning. I know its early, but the range is free, and if you don’t get in early, then you won’t get on a lane.

http://www.grantfarmerracing.com/m4close2web.JPG

I’m finishing up reloading 300 rounds for the weekend, any input on the time?

What is this again? How much it run ya?

What is this again? How much it run ya?

Did anyone make this a meet?

Nope, I didn’t get enough interest, so I went to wilson conservation club with the family, and popped off some rounds in the ar, shot gun (brought the electric thrower) pistols… good time.

That gun is a Rock River Arms A-4. Its just a ar-15 style rifle, with a 14.5 in barrel, phantom muzzle brake, 6 position stock, railed forend, and an Aimpoint M3. The barrel legnth, stock, and bayonet lug are not NYS legal, unless your a LEO or member of the military using it in persuit of your job. All in all total its about 2k in gun, not too much, but more than your typical plinker.

I seen a AR-15 In the swap sheet that MAY have potential.

May put one on layaway at the Gun center though.

Gotta see what happens.

Just stay away from DPMS, or Panther arms. Rock river, Bushmaster, some Colt’s, LMT and Stag arms are good. My preference is Rock River, a little more than bushmaster, but mine fires flawless. I am off this week, If your interested in going out to fire a few shots to see if you like the short, or longer legnth we could do that. Happy hunting

How are the barrel, lug, and stock not legal? That assault weapon law went away years ago! Even then, the 14.5" barrell with that muzzle break were legit weren’t they? Now you have me wondering about mine!

hopefully ill be able to make it to the next one of these.

my pos bushnell optic isnt doing too well, i was hoping i wouldnt have to drop the cash on an aimpoint or acog :frowning:

nys still carries the old federal ban :frowning:

oops…

So if someone had a pre-ban lower, they are okay, right?