Looking for a good, rugged, outdoors capable VZW phone

I’m not due for contract renewal until January, and then I’ll have $100 towards a new phone. I keep my phone for at least the 2 years, and don’t really wish to spend much extra on the phone when I get it with the renewed contract?

Right now I have a Moto RAZR v3, which was a poor choice for me and I wish I had done research before buying. So I’m starting my research now.

Here’s what I would like in a phone.

Rugged and durable - I would like to have a phone that I can throw in my pocket while skiing park, and not worry that it’s toast if I bail.

Good Battery life, Especially in the cold - The RAZR barely lasts me from 7:30 til 8pm on standby without beeping low battery at me, with relatively little use thru the day, and this is during the summer. Come winter, the battery is toast VERY quickly when outside in the cold. I spend an enormous amount of time outside during the winter, and would like a phone that I can keep on all day when I am outside.

Mobile Web - Although not NEEDED, it is preferred as I have been spoiled with it.

Bluetooth - Needed for driving

Things I don’t find important-
-Camera
-Flashy looks
-Size (as long as it isn’t Zach Morris’ from Saved by The Bell)

Now, I have looked around at Reviews at the Casio GzOne Type S phone. Seems like a good fit. Anyone have any personal experiences with it? Just wondering if there are any other phones I should take a look at? Are there any coming out soon that I should keep an eye out for?

Phone nerds unite!

http://imago.phoneus.it/d/584-1/061019-GzOne-TypeV.jpg
The Verizon Wireless G’zOne Type–V is designed to perform in the toughest of conditions. In addition to being Certified to MIL–Standard 810F for Water, Dust, and Shock Resistance, it is Ruggedized and sports a 2.0 Megapixel Camera for capturing Picture and Video, Voice Activated Dialing, and a Speakerphone.

I dunno. Just do whatever evolve tells you to do. :tup:

^ can you get a mossy oak skin for it?

lol dan you and mossy oak. you dont even hunt and you dont need to hide from fish

Type-V was the old one, no bluetooth. But the new Type-S has bluetooth.

I’ll likely go play with one of them soon just to see what it’s like.

im picking up a new phone, u can have my choc cheap, send button rarely works, but u can go to options->call
make offer shady :slight_smile:
(beer is acceptable, seriously)

i have the type s in stock if u wanna come play with it

but yea, ur asking for the type s.

Does it have good battery life? From what I’ve read online it has pretty solid stand-by battery life. Just wondering how accurate the reviews are.

havnt sold too many, its kinda niche market. but from what ive seen yea its good. anything is really gonna be better than the razr, dont worry bout it too much.

Hah, well saying it’s battery life is better than the RAZR isn’t saying much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll likely be in sometime to take a peek and play around with it sometime to see if I like it other than just on paper.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:2,topic:32222"”]

I dunno. Just do whatever evolve tells you to do. :tup:

[/quote]

heck yes

[quote=“layzie,post:4,topic:32222"”]

and you dont need to hide from fish

[/quote]

:lol: Rarely do I actually laugh out loud. The chick that’s standing outside the next office thinks I’m retarded now. :rofl:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:2,topic:32222"”]

Just do whatever evolve tells you to do. :tup:

[/quote]

that could be dangerous…