looking for a head unit

looking to pick up a double din dvd/navigation unit. i was looking at possibly getting the new pioneer f90bt. what do you guys like/recommend?

pros/cons

Dont know anything about dvd/nav units really, but i have had numerous pioneer head units and never had an issue with any of them!

Is this for the Audi?

ya, pioneer is one of the few that the buttons can be changed to match the red interior

What’s it going in? The A4 you are selling? If so get the stock RSN-E unit.

www.crutchfield.com

ok im not looking for where to get it, im looking for what kind do people recommend/like.

its going in the audi and the rsn-e is way to expensive. i already looked into it. while id rather get it because its factory what you can get for half or even less then half the cost is much better

no one?

alpines units seem to be better in cold startups, like the screen doesn’t take forever and a day like pioneer and clarion. the alpine touch screens are also the nicest in response time etc. says my cousin.

only thing i dont like about the alpine is the fact you need the 400 dollar navigation unit to use the double din a navigation

ahh, he uses it for dvds and music… he wasn’t aware of that. thats super shitty.

i would go with alpine but the navi units price sux balls.

Pioneers are great units the F90 is a nice peice, the AVICS are fun too.

I recommend them for ease of use.

i see the f900bt has a long boot up process, anyone know if the f90bt does?

i think im going to get my hands on the d3, the f series is really slow

i have a d3 nib the one nessumo3400 was selling lmk

lol I wish I could have bought that :frowning:

pmd gary,

i keep reading the new f series aka f900bt, f90bt, has problems with the ipod connection, bluetooth connection keeps dropping, it reboots on its own and it takes forever to boot up. up to min and half to 2 mins. these are problems i dont want to have when spending a good buck on a unit