Looking for a job? Snowboarding?

u guys just sell boards? how about renting?

pretty good deal on your store?

we’ve got new and used rentals…pretty much the whole store’s on sale right now soooo…

$99 rental. we take an imprint of a credit card incase it’s lost or stolen, and if it is, then we run your card. keep it til snowmelts. You pick the board. Rental stuff isn’t embarrassing either like kb or hv, where everything is the same. Choice of strap bindings, or step in’s. Get in now and get the better gear since we just opened.

hmmmm…

just snowboards, right?

i think im gonna let my friends know about your store…they’re all snowboarding…

i’m skiing btw, just bought my own pair from lockport ski shop (snowflake)… lol

just snowboards, next door is ski stuff. 2 seperate stores. yeah let him know.

next door?? same owner?

yea…i got bunch of friends who’s gonna snowboard this season…
any detail/contact? address?

I know a bunch of the guys from Snowflake, they “sponsor” a few of my buddies also for freeskiing. They’ve got a good deal of park shit there.

skiing :tup:

props to the sponsership. our owner is a jew and doesn’t like to give out anything. kinda sucks. no comission…

the only park ski stuff we have is atomic, and k2.

as far as board stuff… well come on, it’s like the whole shop.

someone come and buy the bi-level snoskates. they are safe!

Ive never had a problem with them before. I actually bought my first pair of boots from them when I was in 7th-8th grade. Best boots I ever got. Wish I never would have gotten rid of them, Probably going to pick up the exact same boot from Supraman cuz I liked them so much.

Atomic Triplets get a few :tups: from me. Good concept.

K2 has been churning out some solid designs the past few seasons. The Fujative is a great ski at an awesome price.

As far as the “sponsorships”, it’s pretty weak. haha. They don’t really get much. They get a discount at the store, and free entry into comps.

haha well i don’t feel like an ass anymore. i guess if someone hung around alot and was cool to us, we’d give them a discount… thats basically a team rider

Essentially.

I’ll stop jacking your thread now.

Good luck on your hirings.

I’ve toyed with working in the industry for extra cash, but couldn’t bring myself to be forced to work all day Saturday and Sunday, being taunted by people coming in to get ready to go out riding.

we ride both days… 5-til close stay there sat night, ride in the am, drive back work sunday ride 4 til close.

Every once in a while I miss the industry. Fun times…

mm

and to the one who mentioned k2- as far as their snowboards go, about 7 years ago k2 bought Ride and Morrow and moved production of all 3 to their factory in China; Shakespeare Fishing Pole factory. They turned Morrow into basically a k-mart brand (which is weird because I felt Ride kinda copied a lot of things Morrow did. Morrow did a lot of different things with placement of carbon inserts, that Ride kinda stole. a Ride Timeless was pretty darn similar to a Morrow Lithium back 7 or 8 years ago).

boards that had previously been hand made became machine made. K2 used to do a lot of cool stuff, including urethane bumpers on the tip and tail (to absorb impact rather than f up the metal edge) and tuck in the metal edges a bit past the effective edge. (just like Lib Tech used to, and STILL does do). k2 had articles about it, stood behind it etc.

but when a board is machine made, one of the finishing processes is the board is put through rollers to grind off the excess base material, and without a full steel wrap, the tip and tail would be ground to nothing. So k2 went to the full steel wrap technique

many aspects of the 3 board companies were reduced in quality, yet the price remaind the same (except morrow which they killed) and often rose.

anyway, the bad stories are mostly just people being sold equiptment that wasn’t right for them, and improper setup. a lot of people dont know how to set up their own stuff but still spend upwards of $800 on a setup, so I think people should get stuff that’s right for them, and have it set up in a manner most conducive to their riding style and height/weight/shoe size/leg length etc

yea, i dig. that was a different era, and i’m sorry to that person whoever was screwed over. we use the same method now “riding style and height/weight/shoe size/leg length” Marc and I now run it basically, we ride and have been riding our whole lives. we are new to buffalo boards as me being 2 years experiance, him 3 or 4. Now we wont sell something that someone doesn’t need or isn’t right for them. Often chicks just pick a board based on color, but what can you do about that??? We have changed in my opinion, the others left. The ski side though, they will fit you with what they have left or such at the end of the season where we will tell people we just don’t have it. Last winter was hard to, thats why we went up for lease, and we still didn’t sell just to sell.
I know some of the stories. It’s in the past. I know this because Marc and I just don’t lie to people.

On that k2, I ride one, I think it’s great, for sale actually. Well if someone wants to buy it, K2 Disciple 155". It’s the 06’ verision. I rode it about 60 times coming off a Palmer carbon circle. I loved it, and stand by k2. Every company has their flaws. survival of the fittest.

Do you go to On Snow? it’s a good perspective on riding everything. I guess it gives you the opportunity to rate stuff on a more involved scale as you can ride anything and everything back to back.

plus a good time to drink some beers

Damn you hit the nail right on the head… I use to ride a Timeless… But ever since production has changed and as I feel the quality has gone down as well. I have made the move to Option…

And I agree on the bad stories of what you said… We have had people come in who have been miss sized. But you know what half the people are idiots… Every shop gets their fare share of unhappy customers, no matter how far you go out on a limb for them…

We even get numb nuts coming in crying that we sold them the wrong size boots… Every time I sell a boot and explain to them that I measured them at a 9, and there is no way that they are in a 11. They look at me like I’m a idiot. You even explain how the boot is suppose to fit and they agree with you, that it fits correct… Yet a month later they come back in crying…

Also I have not been to the on snow demo in about 4 years with it being right after Vegas now…

But maybe I will consider on going this year…

I’ll give you your old job back… :wiggle:

To my understanding after talking to him last year at SIA he was still involved with the store…

LOLZ :eekdance: