Looking For A New Job

A shot in the dark here… But I have seen a few of you post job offers here before, one of which is working out great for me now.

I have the feeling that I will be taking a pay cut on Friday from my current employment.
I work as a B level technician at a national automotive service chain. I work as a flat rate technician, and have a guaranteed minimum pay rate that is scheduled to run out on the 1st. I have not gotten a clear answer from my supervisor as to if it will be extended or not. The shop is not producing a high enough car count to produce enough hours to sustain me on flat rate alone.

There are several other reasons that I feel as though now is the time to move on, but I will not dig into them here.

I have a great work history and have done many different job types, including delivery, food service, car sales, physical labor, some management level work, security, and working as a mechanic of course. I learn quickly and can take constructive criticism without getting my panties in a bind.

I have a squeaky clean background, I do not do drugs, I very rarely drink, and I have a very clean driving record. I work a second job (that takes up weekday evenings (think 7pm-1 or 2 am) so I would prefer to have all or most of them free. Weekends are available. I have a NYS Vehicle Inspection licence, a few ASE certs, and I held a NYS guard card that I could easily refile for. I am not picky as to a type of employment, in fact my recent employment has put a stale taste in my mouth about the automotive service industry. Maybe you could change that, I simply want someplace that respects their employees.

I am aiming for full time at around or above $15 per hour, or equivalent salary, but I am open to anything.

I’ll end with this. If you or your boss are looking for someone who is motivated, intelligent, punctual, willing to put work ahead of fun time, and has leadership potential, I am worth a phone call and a face to face.

-Darren
PM for contact info please.

I wish I wasnt headed into my downtime of the season. I could use a guy and liked what you had to say.

Good Luck

Sounds like you should apply at the Vatican. Good luck with your search. Wish there were more people like you out there.

Ingram is always hiring for entry level stuff

I’m looking to hire part-time local driver(4 to 5 days a week.) Do you have a Class C license [duties]…local deliveries in a 26’ stake truck.

Hmm, I’ll keep this In mind I could always use a drive under

I’m not positive but check to see if Derrick has any openings. They are by walden and union.

I am definitely not a saint.

Derrick would be a great company to get into, I used to work at Cole, so I serviced a bunch of their vehicles. I also know Newman and a few others that work there.

I do not have a CDL, however there would be nothing keeping me from attaining one. I have one ticket still on my record (reduced to failure to yield) and one at fault accident that comes off in the middle of november. I used to drive cube vans back when I was 18-20, and im pretty sure I could handle whatever.

I don’t think I could work for the Vatican, I have never been great with children.
(Just kidding, hope I don’t offend anyone)

To be totally honest, I am actively persueing a career in law enforcement. It has been my lifetime dream, and the skills I have worked to attain so far are to develop myself as a person, and of course to have something to fall back on. I need consistant full time hours, as I moved out years ago, and I also have someone to support at home. $7.25/hr just isn’t going to cut the cheese.

keep your eyes peeled on usajobs.gov

Costanzos bakery is always looking for new drivers if you’re interested in something like that. Pay is pretty decent to start and you don’t need a CDL. Pm me if you want more details.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I took a look at Derrick Corp, and didn’t see anything right away, I’ll have to dig deeper. I went to the USAJOBS site, I will have to book mark it and check it once a week.

05Orangess you have a pm.

I think Fisher-Price usually has some openings this time of year. Just depends if you want to drive out to East Aurora everyday (that part kind of sucks).

I’ve known Darren for a couple years, now, he is a great guy, and worth a shot for anyone for employment…I wish my real estate portfolio was big enough right now to hire a property manager, I’d hire him in a second…

I will say this. Some of my best jobs that I ever got were never actually hiring. It came about from conversations with friends, introductions from others and simply making someone open up a job for me because they liked what I had to bring to the table. I think that is something that some may not realize. They often think that the only way to find a job is to find someone hiring, submit an application/resume and wait for a phone call back. Maybe it is different for me since I mostly have been in sales jobs, but I still see other opportunities that are often missed.

If you know what you want to do, go after it. There may not be an opening there and it may not be in black and white or in the form of a “We are hiring” sign, but I always say, put them into the hiring phase.

This might sound stupid to most of you, but I know a lot of businesses that tell me they are hiring, but they are not advertising because of all the nonsense that goes along with it. They hope that word of mouth will bring someone in from a friend, relative or worker.

On that note, my janitorial business will be hiring part time employees for some accounts that I will be securing shortly. This might be evenings, nights, or weekends. It will probably be light office cleaning mostly. Not the best work, but for someone looking for a side job, it might be perfect. I will probably start a thread when I’m ready to open these spots up, but I too will be looking for referrals instead of open interviews.

Thank you Joe, that means a lot to me. Sounds like you do have a lot on your hands that you could use a part time manager, probably another 5 years and you will need one full time for sure.

I need something full time, something with stability. I am not above doing dirty, or manual work.

Thank you to everyone who posted a suggestion, I am looking into most of them at the moment.

http://jobs.nfta.com/jobPosts.aspx

come work with me … tons of room to move up … and you can bounce all over town if you want …

I think Northtown is hiring techs but our service dept is open until 9pm evenings.

It makes me sad to see this posting…not because I am potentially losing my go-to mechanic but because someone with passion is pulled from their “home.”

Good luck in your search.