Looking for a new laptop

well, seeing as how my ibook shit the bed, a week beforee I left for minnesota… i’m left without a laptop. I’m on my friends powerbook and it is quite nice.

So what laptop should I buy…i’d like to stay under 2 grand… I like the mac’s because I am not computer literate, the mac is much harder to mess up than a pc…

But i am open to pc’s as well because they are cheaper…

All i need is something to download music , play a few games and I’d like to use a video editing program (final cut ect…)

What do you guys suggest?

logon to apple.com after midnight tonight… maybe there will be a deal.

so… why don’t you buy another mac then?

these days there is next to no point in buying any laptop/computer for over 1K keep your budget under that

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40420

I have a laptop that id be willing to sell if the price is right. Its not a mac though. But seriously…f macs dude. Especially if you want to play a few games and save a few bucks.

Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop (w/ windows vista basic) - Honestly, I have ultimate on my desktop and theres nothing on ultimate that I use, that basic doesn’t have)

If you go to dell.com and customize an inspiron 1520 w/ vista it comes out to $1400 with the same specs as mine. Here they are:

-Alpine White
-Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
-Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition
-Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
-256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
-2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
-Speed: 160GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
-CD writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
-Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini-Card
-56Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)
-High Definition Audio 2.0

I want to get $1200 for it (pretty firm, since id only be breaking even if I sold it for that) and Ill throw in a backup 80GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) for free.

As far as gaming performance goes it will play Crysis at 1280x800 with all settings at medium (shadows on low) at a mid 20s fps on average. If shaders are on low it pretty much rocks 30fps all the time. Let me know if your interested.

I didnt post it in the classifieds because I dont need to sell it, but I will if I can get what I ask for it.

Dell has some kick ass laptops on the cheap.

If you are interested in getting a macbook, there are some great deals on Apple’s refurb site.

Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White $899

13.3-inch glossy widescreen display
1GB memory
80GB hard drive
Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

Buy my laptop! It’s a great deal.

Or mine since its 2x the specs and $400 less! (just not a mac)