Looking for a nice secluded natural place...

So I am planning on proposing to my G/F in a couple weeks. Its her birthday in about a week or two, and I got her a DSLR. I am going to plan a “surprise” day with her to go out some where “secluded” and have her play with her DSLR and use that as my excuse to go somewhere different. I then want to pop the question while we are out and possibly hit up a winery/restaurant or something along those lines on the way home. I was going to try and do the Pendleton Castles (cause that place is so cool!) but, it turns out that it involves trespassing and other stuff like that… I would rather not break the law. Anyone have any cool places in mind that we could go to play around with the camera/propose. Let me know of any suggestions you might have.

note: The less people around the better (she hates “spectators”).
A cool natural place is desired.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: see http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?35877-Random-Picture-Thread/page55 for Pendleton Pictures.

creepy

Don’t do it!

i would think a place like goat island/the falls would be less busy now that tourism season is winding down.

just remember, you give her a ring on her bday, you will NEVER get it back.

Thats true. Dont do it on her bday. Then its considered a gift.
That being said, I used the same camera trick to propose to my GF. :tup:

yeah…

LOL

more info on goat island! the falls is so overplayed…

its not her birthday present. the camera is, i will propose 5 days after her birthday. Seperate event

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Akron falls?.. never been there any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I would like something like Watkins glen but a lot closer…

goat island is right at the falls…

never been to akron falls…

what about one of the state parks like robert treman… my wife LOVES using her dslr there, and your already in the finger lakes for a wine tour… you can even grab a cabin there…

Looking it up now!

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

the google images look sweet!

def gonna do more investigation for this!

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

damn its past watkins glen…

Take her to park and have her use her DSL instead…

Think of the money you will save long term…

hike down the niagara gorge, might not run into too many people there

watkins glen is only 2.5 hours away might go there… can anyone recommend a winery near by(there are so many!)?

Go to a winery. Walk around the vine fields, away from people. Say “here, take my picture.” Go “pose” by getting down on one knee. Let her take a pic, then get out and ring box. Say “how about this pose?” Win.

You people suck at the romance.

Plan was similar except i was planning on saying hey take a picture of that awesome waterfall/bird/rock/something other than me. get down on one knee, she turns around hey look at this pic! propose, then yea. hit up the winery on the way back for some romanticism etc.

That’s not what you said when you woke up this morning :rimshot:

Akron Falls is pretty nice. Might be kinda popular on the weekends. The have the trail through the park that leads to the falls as well as a small “Rock Garden” that is towards the enterance/ranger station.

Letchworth is big enough were you could find a secluded spot away from people.

Spring Lake Winery is the only winery I’ve been to and it’s gorgeous there. Plus there is a nice trail that goes around there small lake that is completely secluded from the main buildings.

Thank you this is very helpful!

Congrats Kyle. You both seem to mesh well. You have been together for as long as I can remember.

My suggestion would be Letchworth as well. The Grand Canyon of the East is hard to beat. As for the winery, take the extra step and prepare a gourmet lunch or something for the two of you and bring some wine.

Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge. It doesn’t get much more secluded then that.

See my thread on my fingerlake wine experience. I highly recommend it Kyle, my gf felt like a VIP the entire time and considering what you wish to accomplish that wouldn’t be a bad idea.