Looking for new rims.... opinions?

regardless of what profile I run…wheels should be strong enough to withstand the minor abuse…especially if i plan on using them for Auto-x.

SSR /= Engineering safety factor of 2.5

2.5 out of what i dont know these things

But they are. I autocrossed an entire season on them, with no problems, and used them as everyday driving wheels (right up until the snow hits). I think they are safe.

All people that have broken them hit MONSTER potholes, curbs, etc.

If these wheels are good enough for the top teams in the SPEED Touring and GT championsips (Realtime Racing and others), then they are good enough for me :tspry:

http://www.rfmsports.com/SWC/Photos/Realtime%20Racing.JPG

SSR= super soft rims.

Alot of the people in my bro’s club (Euroteknik.com) have cracked ssr’s
. … .as did Pete who does not drive too hard.

What’s wrong with HRE’s?? —> no one dis if someone already mentioned this.

HRE = HEAVY.

I love how they look though :slight_smile:

Same goes for I-Forged.

i didnt read what others wrote but i woulnd NOT change your rims unless you are going to get something PURE BALLAH…

i saw this 00 540i rollin around locally a couple weeks ago, it was lowered with twin dual tipped exhuast, obviously not just mufflers, and CRAZY WIDE BMW meshies on the thing.

the rears were out a solid half inch past the fender.

that shit is BANANAS…

definately get something wide as hell, either flush it out or stick it out beyond.

Kosei K1 in 17x8.5… Light, cheap, and durable. The choice of racers who don’t want to spend the money on SSR Comps.

Seriously, the Koseis and the SSR comps are the two most used wheels in Solo and production-based racing classes.

Do you plan on running them on the street, or will these be dedicated for auto-x?

get ricks OLD rims, the big cromies lol

I never had chrome wheels…

But I still miss the 3-spokes :slight_smile:

where they alum?? i dont remember, i just remember they were big and ugly

They were not ugly. You loved them :slight_smile:

lol

I do like the DPEs

Keep your current set-up Josh, it looks great as is.

i agree

I <3 your current wheels… if you sell them let me know… I want a new m3 when I graduate… so I’ll seriously take your wheels off your hands and put em in my garage till im a grad… It will be a good incentive to keep my ass in gear…

keep what u got :tup:

some people dont understand the need for change. Buying a new wheel style is refreshing and fun. It almost makes the car feel like a new car. I change my wheels almost every year.

:word:

Although I don’t change my wheels every year anymore. Too poor.

come on rick there’s plenty of fuel to get back at ian.

altezzas, for example…