Looking for shop for custom manifold and turbo install.

Hey guys whats up.

Well like it says, Im looking for a shop the can make a manifold for my turbo project and either the same or a different shop to install everything in the new year.

So right now I’d like to get some prices and I am hoping you guys can help me out. I know about Matalex, thats my friends shop, but anyone know other reputable places?

So please let me know name, address, phone and the person I should talk to. Also if mentioning “you” gets me a better deal please post that up too.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Take care and Happy Holidays.

Easy 8)

Altho this Shop is in Kingston i gaurantee 100% the quality of work the comes out of here is amazing… Its Called Dynamic Motorsports. The Number is 1-613-634-9696. Ask for Khoi COY he is the guy u want to talk to for anything custom.

try Defcon, or Mazdees…both are in Pickering so thats close enough to you, and both have great reputations when it comes to custom shyte!

Defcon Racing
905-683-1555
1035 Toy Avenue,
Pickering, ON L1W 3N9

Mazdee’s Performance Auto
905-619-8813
1031 Toy Avenue,
Pickering, ON L1W 3N9

ps. if you go to mazdees, you’ll see my car right next door!
:wink:

good luck and happy tuning

Hey thanks Cole I’ll keep that place in mind it’s just a little further then I want to go at the moment.

Boost, I know Mazdee’s and there pretty pricey, good but pricey. I will call that Defcon place today and see what they have to say.

Thanks to both of you and if anyone else has suggestions please let me know.

Take care.

Easy 8)

When do you need it by Bruce?

Hey Denis,

Well Im looking to do all of this in the new year. Get the manifold made to match the S15 T28 turbo, downpipe possibley too and then get everything installed.

I am getting some price quotes now to know how much I’ll be looking at.

Why?

Like Cole had mentioned we have a place here in Kingston that does amazing custom mainfolds for a good price. If you let me know what kinda prices you’ve been looking at I can see what I can do and I could bring it up to ya. Been looking for a reason to go up there in the winter to see what you guys do. Let me know. I know that to have an equal length manifold made to my Pulsar was only gonna be around 400 which is what they normally charge for most manifolds.

That’s pretty cool man.

As long as it WILL fit an S15 T28 turbo, it’s something I may look in to then. There’s one from SSAUTOCHROME that I am looking at on ebay. It fits the turbo I’ll be using and places it in the same spot as the SR stock manifold does. That means I can use the stock SR downpipe with it to start with and can cut my costs a bit. I will be using a 3" D/P in the future but the stock SR one will do to start.

The manifold is going for $208.oo ish Can plus shipping so I am not sure if your buddy can compete with that. I’ve read on some other forums about SSA and the feedback has been really good.

Now if you want to talk to your buddy and maybe get a ball park figure for me, telling him what I mentioned above, that would be great. It would be pretty cool to see all the Kingston Krew in the new year. :smiley:

So let me know and thanks brother.

Easy 8)

Ok I was talking with Jay from DMS and he said for an equal length stainless steel custom manifold and a 3’ downpipe its gonna be about $800. 550 for the manifold and 250 for downpipe.

Hey man.

Well thats a little more then I hoped to spend but hey, it’s custom so it’s gona cost. I’ll keep it in mind. Im looking at one on ebay that has had great reviews, according to various boards, and is more with in my price range.

I will keep your place in mind though and I really appreciate you finding out for me. Thanks very much brother.

Take care.

Easy 8)

if your paying less then 800 buck for a custom manifold then its not being made right.

Hey man.

Yeah I know and I do agree with you. The one on ebay though is not custom.

you can’t affix a price tag to power … you can just as easily spend $800 on a piece of crap.

$250 for a downpipe is insane. I had mine built on the spot at Zoros for $60, mandrel bent, new flange, and they even added an extra foot long section to make sure I had enough spare pipe.

A lot of our Aussie members are using the SSautochrome with Sr swaps. One guy had to fix a crack, but his manifold was used to begin with. They all seem pretty happy with it. Power levels on the dynos are showing between 5 and 8 rwhp up from stock on the SS unit.

Hey man what’s up.

Thats the kinds of things I’ve been reading about SSA manifolds. Guys have also used them on there KA-T projects and overall have loved it.

Here’s the link to the one Im looking at,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942816044&category=33632

As you see the way it’s designed and the price, it really is a great deal.

What do you guys think?

Easy 8)

That’s a pretty slick looking piece.

Damn, maybe I should grab a KA24DE

If the pictures are any indication, I think you’d be more than happy with it.

My only problem with it is that it’s a T2 flange, which kinda limits you from the bigger turbos. But since you’re already sold on the T28, it’s obviously not an issue for you.

Yeah I am only planning this motor project for approx. 250 hp/Torque ish, max, so the T28 will be more then enough along with the other mods Im doing.

Like I said Im chosing this manifold based on the very positive response it’s gotten.

groovy, let us know how it turns out. I know we have a lot of members grabbing DEs S13 guys are literally throwing away, and this piece could be a real treat.

hmm … the KA’s aftermarket is getting huge.

C’mon ricers … buy 200sxs instead, we need the parts support!

i know you have your heart set on the t28…

but check this shitttt out:

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

it has everything you need…

Stage I Kit Includes: $3639 US

High-Carbon Cast-Steel Turbo Manifold
Closed-Loop Mandrel Bent Downpipe
3" 16 Gauge Mandrel Bent Intake Pipe
Turbonetics T3T4 Hybrid Turbocharger
Turbonetics External Wastegate
Intercooler with 99% Charge-Side Efficiency
S&B Air Filter
Turbonetics Racing Bypass Valve
Nissan 370cc Fuel Injectors (4)
Include Ball Bearing Turbos at no extra cost!

Stage II Kit Includes: $4369 US

High-Carbon Cast-Steel Turbo Manifold
Closed-Loop Mandrel Bent Downpipe
3" 16 Gauge Mandrel Bent Intake Pipe
Turbonetics T3T4 Hybrid Turbocharger Higher-Flow
Turbonetics External Wastegate
Intercooler with 99% Charge-Side Efficiency
S&B Air Filter
Turbonetics Racing Bypass Valve
MSD 525cc (50 LB/HR) Primary Fuel Injector
Cobra Mass Air Flow Meter
High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump
Now include Ball Bearing Turbos at no extra cost!

seems like a good deal to me…
thank mr200 for the site!

Thanks for the link man.

However, this is a project that Phil and I are doing together, through JDM-P, and it’s part of my sponsorship. The KA-T I am planning to build is pretty much set as far as parts go, I was just looking around to see if there were any more options available to me before we begin.

Again, thanks very much.

Have a good one.

Easy 8)

The only problem with the kits are they are designed for the S14 DE not the S13.