Looking to buy an engagement ring

Damn, this should be fun.

My uncle owns his own shop, he makes most of his own stuff, assembles castings, ect ect. His retail is dirt cheap compared to most big places, he’ll build what you want, order parts and get what you want or have what you want made and put it together. He’s good people, tell him Zac sent you.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wittmeyer+jewelry&fb=1&gl=us&hq=wittmeyer+jewelry&hnear=Buffalo,+NY&cid=1654093426673145334

Funny that this thread came up, I JUST went throught this whole thing hours ago…

Anyway, I went local to a not so well know place (Behringer’s) my boss’s dad owns the place and got me what I was looking for at the price I was willing to accept.

I hear all the custom talk, but I had no interest in going that way. Diamond Solitaire in White 18k gold. I was concerned about picking something that isn’t timeless, or making a bad design call. The common ones are out there for a reason, they stood the test of time.

In regard to the stone, get something nice that you can afford. Don’t kill yourself over something really expensive and then have no money left over. Keep in mind, there is a wedding, honeymoon, wedding bands, etc. to pay for still.

That being said, I went for a GIA, 1.50 carat, excellent cut, colorless, etc. etc… [/viper966 braggery]

Shitty iPhone picture is all I have

X…

great diamond!

Some good advice is to know what your woman likes. Mine loves sparkly, so I toned it down on rock size and went for a baller setting. The one I posted has a 1ct. diamond in it. The setting has another ~.5ct.

I don’t remember what I got, but I put it on a Jared account thing that was no interest for 12 months. If anyone does go this route for anything with Jared, please not their website and online payment system sucks ass.

Great people. I was just on the phone with Chris who works there. We handle all of their watch repair. Definitely quality pieces.

Agreed. Chris seemed to have a real interest in my Panerai when I was there picking up the ring.

X…

We get it.

Yeah my wife got what she wanted… 2ct rock with some bling on the side.
I went to http://www.wnydiamonds.com/

I don’t want to buy online because I would like to see it in person and would like to get some type of service plan plus many places have no interest for so many months. I will be shopping on Mon and Tue since my gf will be at work. Thanks for all the input and suggestions

BTW - How much was the 2k ring?

dang, 2ct. is some baller shit (unless you skimped on the other C’s) :tup:

<~Baller Shit, no skimping here.

More than you can afford lol

And now for something different. My wife and I designed it. wedding ring is in the middle. Main stone is aquamarine and tons of bling.

A local jewelry maker on Grand Island did it for us. Good prices too.

2.5 carat, 3 stone 58 facet cut diamonds D colorless “IF” clarity with a disperpersion of .044 would run 60k. a comparable and identical Stauer Diamond Aura diamond 2.5 carat, 3 stone 58 facet cut diamonds D colorless “Clear clarity” with a disperpersion of .066 would run $125.00 plus shipping and handling. (it comes with free matching earrings!!! for Christmas) The diamonds are scientifically engineered. The Staur Diamond Aura is obviously a fake diamond ring but the diamonds on this ring has even fooled jewelers. How can she know the difference? Its not about the money. Nobody will be able to tell the difference. For 125 you cant go wrong. The website is www. stauer.com use promo code DAR797-02. I saw this in Road and Track. Good luck.

I did just that (custom) and I think I got a great deal for the price. I got a VS2/G (certified) - 1.16k with some bling on the ring with .54 around the ring for 5k.

good job :tup:

Notes: This is the ring I designed. On each side of the main stone, 3 diamonds form a heart with a string of 3 diamonds down on each side of the ring.

Sorry for the thread revival.
Here is the progress pics

Top = Design I made
Bottom = Main stone

Top = Main stone
Bottom = Final Product

Looks good…is that considered princess cut?

Yes, princess cut