Looks like we can add Denon to the Monster, Sony, Apple stuff

$500 Ethernet Cable

When I first saw this $500 five foot Ethernet cable I instantly thought “it must be a Monster cable” but I was wrong. It would seem Denon is the manufacturer of the $100 a foot monstrosity. Thanks to [H] reader Yassarian for the linkage

lol too funny.

And Denon is great quality, they must of broken into monsters labs or something, lol

that sucks… Denon used to put out absolutely great equipment.

:frowning:

I have always disliked Dennon, so I am not surprised.

yeah, thats just taking advantage of people imo. Its not these are audio cables where higher price usually means higher quality, this is just fucked up.

I’m more annoyed by the fact you said Denon is great quality, they’re mid-fi at best… but it’s true that this cable is a giant waste of money. I don’t know how the denon link works (if there is some analog stuff going on) but you represent this as just another Ethernet cable for a computer etc, which is clearly not the intent of this product.

Go talk to Hardocp where the post came from, i could care less what it does, its an ethernet cable and its 500 bucks, u do the math.

And Denon is far better than anything sony makes, and they usually get good reviews on avsforums, so ohh well.

Lets see denon link, maybe it links some of they’re components together???

used to :wink:

:bloated:

Looks like it’s digital only from everything I can find. Might be wired differently than a standard ethernet cable. But it serves the same purpose.

im thinking it links units together, i dunno

how much less could you care?

Probably not any less that what you post here.

but you should care, because that’s how you determine how anything in life is a good value. to not care is the definition of ignorance.

sure denon is better than sony in many cases (but not all). but to me that’s like saying a sunfire is better than a cavalier. neither is anything like rotel, marantz, integra, etc etc etc… (in the same/similar price category)

when i see an ethernet cable for 500 bucks, i have no reason to care, so what if its ignorance. You dont have to be ignorant to figure out that this cable is way overpriced no matter what it does.

ugh, I still have my integra sitting under my bed, I really need to do something with it

and that’s where we differ… my first question is “why do they think this is justified” and I quickly conclude it’s not… you see one price tag and conclude the entire brand has gone to shit. it’s that simple step which makes all the difference in life.

who ever said the entire brand has gone to shit? lol

see you involve too many steps in your process, i see something overpriced, and automatically dismiss it as anything i will ever buy, very simple. So yeah we differ alright.

And are you the NYSpeed shrink all of a sudden?

i already have 5 on order

lol u should learn how to use a pc b4 buying something like this…baby steps :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

lol audiophiles are such retards