Losing lbs

Its just a toy, not his daily. Track slut in the making. I still think he should just lose some weight. Why fat guys squeeze in small cars, I’ll never understand. Just like fat chicks and spandex.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Weight_Reduction
there was a detailed post on one of the other 240 forums but im too hung over to search for it now, just google the bitch

o if you get rid of the ac stuff, can i have your parts? will pick up asap and help remove if needed

yeah sure man - will be in the garage all day tomorrow - PM me

Personally, i had to gut the rear half of my car, just so i could fit all my drift tires in em, and i would get rid of abs and sound deadning, because abs is super gay on these cars and without sound deadning this things are so much funner to drive, then if u wanna do more, remove ur hicas if u have it. Everything after that in my opinion including a/c and stereo ruin the ability to drive the car daily.

rip up the carpet and remove all the sound deading stuff…its a pain in the ass but a chisel and hammer do the job…remove the abs computer, heat sheild for the muffler

you will cut about 30lbs by removing the power steering. this is with the pump still installed but rigged to run the water pump on a twin cam engine. in my s13 i did not mind not having power steering BUT thats me. its not for everyone, but its not that bad. feels lighter than a go-kart but still pretty heavy.

peace

also by removing the ac pump and lines alone is like 30-40lbs. to me its was worth it cause i had a track slut in mind. what is your primary goal for the car? does the car have HICAS?

peace

remove all the glass, replace with lexan.

This.

Except that im 99% sure it’s illegal to run a lexan front windshield on a streetcar. And i believe if its a track car the lexan has to be centre braced. look into it.

Change your quarter windows and hatch glass tho, no hassles there.

once u’ve lost all the extras u dont need, start cutting out any metal that wont affect the structeral rigitity of the car

use 300zx rear aluminum uprights/knuckle/spindle but you will need to make the rear strut housings

how much for the antenna?

this thread is almost 1/2year old

Did that seriously just happen?

fail.

yes and yes

lmao, well, least no one can flame him for not searching

lol