Losing lbs

I’ve spent the last 6 hours getting rid of unneeded extra weight and am now pondering what else can go without the vehicle running improperly
so far:

• all audio including mounting brackets
  • all carpets and underpad
  • passenger and rear seats and seatbelts
  • rear interior trim
  • power antenna and motor
  • front fenderwells
  • cruise control module
  • spare tire and jack

I was thinking the A/C assembly could go as well as the power steering unit

Any thoughts??

getting rid of power steering is lame, manual steering with a ps rack is bs. your not gunna like it, and for the weight savings dont do it.

a/c you can get rid of unless it works, if it does keep it…its alll aluminum. lightweight, the pump is a tank tho.

Have you considered going on a Diet?

Instead of ripping your car apart and making it look like shite, you could try loosing a few pounds and improving your own physical appearance. Seems like a no brainer really.

Definately A/C, especially if you don’t want it. 30 minutes of your time and you can loose some solid weight. Once you get rid of the compressor, the lines, and the condensor, thats probably 40 lb or something. And that doesnt count the power gain from the engine not having to run the belt. (not that its a big gain lol, but its gotta be something.). And I took off the power steering and hated it, don’t take it out…
Taking out the jack and spare tire is kinda dumb aswell unless you have CAA. For the 30 pounds I’d rather just have them, the weight is in the back anyway…

One horn FTW, no need for two.

If your not a cheap ass and can afford it CF everything hood,hatch, doors, fenders etc or just buy a CRX and strip that.

Check - keep the P.S. - I thought losing it would be a bad call

Glad to hear the A/C can go - what about the pulley that supports the belt?

I still have the jack and spare tire - they would just be something I’d toss on the pavement if I was at a slalom or track day

CF is always a good idea, but on an inexpensive (not cheap) budget - somebody would have to be pretty lucky to find used CF goods with a low price tag - even though its came down in price a lot lately

if this is not a street car what i see ppl doing is removing the side windows, also you can change the back window into that accrylic stuff

remove your glove box, dash, door panels, visors, a/c compressor, windshield washer fluid and assembly, if your not winter driving it get rid of your headcore.

yea i removed liek 40 pounds from my car then put on 30 pounds of weight…

But to help your problem, if you don’t like ur ABS, depending what the car is for, then u can take that out and reroute the lines,(30 pounds) light weight fly wheel save (20 pounds) that thing that routs air to your cat near your air box… (like 4-5 pounds)

just dont eat for a week that works too

I’m gonna weigh the Skyline with me in it next summer…both of us are on a diet :slight_smile:

whats this car going to be setup for?

it’s just going to be a car to take to slalom meets and since I live 5 minutes from Mosport maybe a track day or two…

So this is still a street car? All this for a track day or two? wow.

what powerplant are you going to use and have you planned out a setup? I would have only ripped out the rear seats. kinda pointless taking off door panels and what not. you can make up for that with power lol

wat foot says. x2

are u shaving off like one or like POINT seconds off a 1/4 mile run or are u saving like 5-10 seconds on ur timeattack?
if not then why wuld u take out all the stuff just to save a lil weight which u have NOTHING to compare it to. only reason to take out the rear interior stuff is for installing a cage. that wuld be the only reasonable answer.

if u going to daily it. stripped to bone to save 100lbs u gna hate it. ur choice in the end. just a heads up.

for slalom meets your best bet is to lose unsprung weight. buy light weight rims tires brakes uprights ect… that will most improve the cars agility/grip
but you can never go wrong with weight reductions all around.
CF is good, fiber glass is also light.
if your going to take out glass use lexan not acrylic, acrylic is brittle and cracks.
its much easier if its track only you can remove front and rear rebars, remove inner doors glass ect…

Try a lightweight racing battery as well.

he can get away with a 6pt rollcage and keep the rears. anything bigger the rears have to come out. even for drag or circuit you don’t need a gutted car. theres a S14 with full interior and it ran a 8.80. no CF or FRP front end all oem.