LS1/GM guys

Yeah I’ve used a few in the past but most are vector renders of complete models and hard to breakup into parts. I do needs to have things separate(Ie heads, slugs, block, etc). I’m always open to new companies and links though so send them my way bia PM :slight_smile:

I can import files extension from Pro-E of prt/xpr/asm/xas/ and step files and iges :slight_smile:

nice! ive worked with 09-10 solidworks, i may have a demo for '10 ill have to check for you. Ive yet to try cosmos or floworks, i mostly use strength analysis and just for reg. parts modeling, but havent in a while, i need to brush up on it all again.

Whenever you have the parts ready I can use them. If there’s stuff you have off now like the cam and/or a head then I can model those now while the the other motor is still in the car. I’ll send you a PM and work out the details.

Big thanks to Shaun(SP, shawn, Schaunn, ?? lolz) Made a total ass of myself in front of him when loading the parts into truck and the cam decided to take a nose dive out of the end of the box onto the driveway. Made a nice tuning-fork style ring when it hit the frozen pavement :banghead:banghead:banghead

Hey no problem that cam was just taking up space on the shelf and was destined to be made into a tea kettle or a new dildo for PJB. Its Sean too haha but you can call me cupcake trevor sir shanksalot etc etc etc

o no thats horrible that cam fell! JK!!!

shut it richie , admit it man ,. ya only wanted your big lumpy stick so ya could insert it in your ass seein as the stocker was to small now . i know this seein as my hands smelt like doo dooo after switchin em

So I guess the important question is, do I really want to be touching this camshaft without latex gloves on? :lol

that one ya got is prolly good . the one i just removed from richies motor is a question though lol

Put camshaft into SW while playing some GT5 tonight. Left out the CPS reluctor I know, don’t need it for this.

Now onto the head.

Wow that was quick. Cant wait to hear more about the project you are working on.

I didn’t go to sleep last night. Was working on the head, which is almost done now, and 7am rolled around and I was off to the machine shop. Cams are easy, especially ones that have the profile information right online to download. Probably had it whipped up in 30 minutes if it wasn’t for that damn gran turismo sucking up my time :tongue

Yea distractions will do that

you inspired me to fire up solidworks yesterday, i was up until 5am playing with it :lol

The only time the program is ever NOT open and running on my PC is when it’s rebooting.

so easy to design stuff in it. quite difficult to design stuff that can actually be manufactured. 3d software often outpowers machine capability and aside from RPM and related, some things just cannot be made.

very true, i havent used solidcam, but i know you can import files (.SAT) into mastercam to be easily manufactured, i can only imagine how easy it must be with solidcam :thumb

Wasn’t a couple days after getting the heads and cam from Sean that we ended up pulling and LS1 apart at the machine shop :lol So I took all the parts home from the machine shop that I wouldn’t be borrowing from Sean when their motor comes out and put them all into CAD while I had the chance.

Some stuff you LS1 guys might recognize. I made some subtle changes to some parts like the VC’s and oil pump cover. Head is 90% done too, just took a break from that when all these parts fell in my hands. All the valves/rockers/pushrods/lifters are done too, as well as the front timing covers and galley cover. Stuff that’s left: Block/crank/rod/piston/wrist pin/flat sump oil pan

When I get the bottom end from Sean I can finish this up and start the real fun :ohnoes
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/camsprocket.jpg

fappity fap fap

Coming along nicely. Should be pulling the engine soon I believe

No rush on my end, just glad you’re willing to loan it to me :slight_smile: I should have the head done at some point over the next couple days here and can bring it and the cam back to you when you’re available. Just trying to get these covers and misc pats done before they’re needed for the motor that’s going back together at DH.