LS1 into a 68 Chevy Truck

I have the oportunity to pick up a clean 68 Step Side truck, and was contemplating doing a swap like this.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction where i might find info on the process?

Or recomend a shop to that might be capable of such a swap?

Shop owners…how much would it cost to get somethign like this done?

I’m 99% sure that 99% of everyone here will recommend JJ’s

JJ’s Automotive! Awesome peeps!

www.jjsautomotive.com

ill check it out…,

i’m putting one in a 83 chevy truck. pretty much the same deal. i will be using a carb and not efi though.

call me & i can help!

I just happened to have this bookmarked…

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/707811-5-3l-th400-into-67-chevy-pickup.html

I maybe going with an older non-LS v8 after looking at pricing

a small block 350 w/carb is alot more affordable…

hell people are almost giving away lt1s…what was in the truck??

you will have to be creative. it is not the bad to put ls1 in your truck. just have to find the right parts that work to save money. we have a lot of odd ball swapped cars going together

yeah after finally getting to see the truck in person the project got axed…toooo much body work for me…

The frame itself was solid, so was the bed, but the cab corners where torched along with the entire brake system

thats not that bad. just cab corners isnt that much body damage for a 40 year old truck. LS1s arn’t that expensive, you could also go to the 6.0L with the cast block. I think they go for cheaper.

I am sure someone with the time could make the truck perfect, but unfortunately, it was too much work for what i wanted.

I was hoping for one of those rare instances where you find a jewel someone left in the “barn” to long