LS7-R

those wiggins clamps between the runners are really expensive http://burnsstainless.com/Hardware/WigginsClamps/wigginsclamps.html

im guessing if they’re putting that into production its only going to be about 20g hahaha because the ls6 motors are about 13g and hp has to be over 600 whp

where the hell is the intake inlet? or do those plastic looking covers come off for a hood mounted type induction?

they look sweet :tup:

There is nothing production about those. The 8 you see are likely the only 8 in existence. It’s the C6R engine for the ALMS racing series.

Carbon fiber on an American engine ehhhh. I’d still take one though :lol:

Yeah carbon fiber is stupid :rolljerk:

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/corvettec6r05_engine.jpg

nice

That’s MY OPINION. Personally I don’t like it because I think it’s too flashy for ME

I had a feeling someone was going to piss and moan.

how about a painted CF? that way its not flashy

Yep, that’d be okay with me :tup:

lemme guess, this is also too flashy for You?

http://autopixx.de/bilder/autopixx-de-1138493460-11.jpg

Without the stickers and front lip, I think it’d be real hot.

Im guessing its gonna be at least 15 grand

the Crate 572s are 12ish and make 800hp NA. WOOHOO

You’d have to buy into one of the GM racing teams or other teams running the C6R as a privateer to get your hands on one. They aren’t for sale. You can put whatever price tag on it you want, but you’ll be wrong.

Honestly though, the engine is probably worth $30-60k to replicate.

how do you figure. i bet i could spec a comperable engine for <$20k. (not including accessories because most would just swap over from their stock sheet. also not including dry sump oiling)

i dunno if it was already said, but any info on the cubage?

Just the core itself is, what, $13k from Chevy? Then I guarantee they do insane headwork, have custom rods/pistons, probably a custom crank, a few grand in the valvetrain…

And, they might have used a custom block like the C5R did. That would definitely up costs. Who knows what heads are on there…

yes, theres prolly alota custom stuff, no doubt. i just never agreed with buying crate engines if your building a custom ride. they are always detuned (smaller cam, etc etc).

darton sleeved lsx block, siamese bores, to whatever bore this particular engine is (~4.125, whatever) $3,000

forged h-beams with arp 2000 - $700
custom diamond pistons - $1000
forged stroker crank - $1200
bearings - $500
fasteners - $500
gaskets - $400
custom cam - $400
timing chain - $200
PRs - $100
AFR/ETP/LS7 heads (complete)-~$2400 - $3000 <–(if ur goin really nuts and really biggg)
machine work (keep in mind, block is already machined, so only balancing and honing is required) $250

this is a rough estimate. some parts may be more, some are def less. this is not including transferable parts, assuming you have a lsx based engine.
it would be roughly $12,650

now add parts assuming you would build it as a (crate)

rockers - ~$500 (really dunno what stockers would cost)
lifters - ~$500 (same thing)
dry sump system - ? (i have no idea, never looked into one)

so that would be ~$14,000 - $15,000 + oiling for complete crate.

then add accessories, intake, TB (swap from what you got)

with this CUSTOM engine, you will make much MUCH MUCH more power. the parts will be able to handle much more power, and it will all be tailored to your style. add some nitrous ontop of it…and say goodbye

now of course this isnt including labor, but thats a nice benefit to learning how to build engines :stuck_out_tongue:

fyi, guys doing extreme all motor LSx builds with 427+ (454…) are making well over 600rwhp. NA. that is rediculous. add some nitrous to that, and think of the possibilities.

Dude, do you have any fucking idea what these guys are doing with these engines? You WILL NOT be making way more power. You won’t be one upping a FACTORY supported race effort.

You won’t be using cheapo valvetrain parts, you’ll either be designing your own or calling up someone like Jesel for the most baller shit ever.

You won’t be using an off-the-shelf crank, you’ll probably design your own to fit the rules of the class and machine it then drop every ounce off of it you can.

You won’t be using off the shelf h-beam rods and pistons, you’ll be getting custom skirtless pistons and extremely light rods.

You completely discount the intake system which is worth a couple grand itself. There are probably a hundred other trick things done to the engine to drop weight and increase reliability.

This isn’t a tuned up street motor, this is a balls-deep race engine. You will NOT one up it for a third of the price.

As for the guys making 600+hp NA, the C5R engine was supposedly 650hp I believe. This one is well over that.

I’m sure the C6-R isn’t utilizing CF for its bling factor. Its being used because its strong and light.

how the hell is carbon fiber to flashy , its lightweight and strong as hell…its there for a purpose