lsd 92 in a 89

well does 92+diff the actual lsd fit in the dif case( of a 89) of does the acctual whole thing bolt on strait or do i have to get corasponding axles(when i say whole thing i mean the case that incases the diff)

well dose the diff from a 92 + ( the lsd in the diff case) fit in a older 240 (89) , dose it bolt in striaght or do i have to do something to mod it or do i have to get corasponding axles ? any info would be great thanks this is for a friend thanks.

i’m in the middle of rippin apart my parts 240, it has a vlsd on it and i have to put it into my 89. from what i’ve gathered i don’t know/think it will just fit into the 89’s dif. if you replace the whole dif i believe you need the drive shaft as well b/c it is 2" shorter/diff 2" longer(correct if wrong). the axel’s i don’t know about i’m curious to see the answer myself.

As far as I know… you can straight swap the whole pumpkin into the car. S13’s all have the same rear suspension components… I would imagine the KA24E vs. the KA24DE wouldn’t play a role in the fitment of the diff. I could be wrong though.

you can put a vlsd from a 91+ straight into a 89-90, for a s14 vlsd you ahve to change the diff cover. and also the two bolts that go threw the diff into the subframe are longer for s14.

enjoy 2 wheel burnouts. just weld the open dif…