Lsx swap questions and info

Okay, I am really interested in getting some info for doing this swap. I am looking for and average price of parts and money spent on the hole swap. I am also interested in seeing where every one found their engines and transmissions , and if anyone that has done the swap have any advice .I know this swap on average cost around the $10k mark. I have a motor already so that is one of the reasons I’m looking for information. Any thing that you can pass on will be greatly appreciated.

What specifically do you need to know?

Pick LS type v8, get t56, get mount kit, get wiring done. Prosper.

For more info:

http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/

Best kits on market apparently at the moment sikky and fueled racing.

Stay the flip away from hinsonsupercars and daft innovations. Not that daft’s kit is ‘bad’ totally, its not bad but it is a hit or miss and the dude is hard to work with, some guys waited months to get their shieeet. Sikky’s stuff is top notch quality and direct bolt in, plus their oil pan is gold. Same with fueled racing…

There’s in fact SEVERAL kits out there now… I am bent on the sikky kit…

I would like to see what mounts and cross members people are using .

Go browse through the link I gave you, register there and there is now a GAJILLION of swaps and project threads of people doing them left and right. It’s almost as common now a days as SR swaps in the states lol… not so common here yet there’s like 5 ppl max here who have done it.

+1 for sikky.

Amazing quality, and it fucking works better than oem,

Like the two people above said.

This link has information on all your options, how to do them, cost involved, etc…

www.silviav8forums.com/forum/

I use the sikky kit. Really don’t have much negative to say.

The only thing I can fault them on is the oil filter relocation is a bit cheap. The fittings are something you’d see attached to someones dishwasher. But, replacing them with custom lines with an fittings is easy enough.

I suspect too that the newer generation of sikky kits is also better as they evolve and learn.

I think in total I spent about 12k or so

however I used a new motor