sikky ls1 s13 swap kit

http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=36&catid=12

so i have been looking for ls1 swap kits and i came accros this kit made by Sikky Manufacturing. and i was just wondering if anyone has used this before or have heard anything from people that have used it.

thanks

Absolutely, amazing.

That is all.

$1750? Good Night!

Old news its been out for quite some time and even had slight revisions. It’s the best off the shelf kit btw.

Hinsonsupercars the first kit = garbage and overpriced fyi

I have it…quality stuff for sure.

Motor goes in within the next week so I’ll update of fitment and such soon.

Pretty cool stuff…

What are you doing for headers? using the sikky manifolds, or making your own?

what was the final cost after shipping and all that. if you dont mind me asking.

Yeah, I’m using Sikky longtubes. They’re too cheap not to use. The have a pretty basic collector, but these motor can make power in a dozen other ways so it’s not worth making killer longtubes.

As for shipping, can’t really say as all of this was acquired through an industry connection. My cost would not be your cost.

http://www.u2ndyno.com/gallery/Project%20S14%202010/o_MockUp%20Long%20Tubes.jpg

Edt: That pic I posted was somewhat old…

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs428.ash1/23686_10150105664485335_834390334_11377436_3884516_n.jpg

Most of the stuff on the market is over priced for what it is.
If you have the hookups like Dan I’m sure it’s more than worth it.
Make 'em yourself if you can. Cost less than half if you can do it yourself.

It’s always easier said than done though. If life were like that, there wouldn’t be a Mr Lube, fabrication shops, and there would be no trades jobs at all.

I think everyone knows that you can obviously save a lot of money if you were to do it yourself.

Dan, what size are those headers? Not the collectors, the actual piping off the heads; 1 7/8’s?

Those headers actually look really good from the picture. Looks like they’ll flow prime to pick up some bottom end.

That kit looks really really good as well. Quality stuff.

I should have rephrased.
If you have the skills to do so. Or have a friend with the skills. Then do it yourself. But for almost $2000 you’d be silly not to attempt or at least think of doing it yourself…

Take into account these are CNC’d pieces… its like the group buy i started for a custom performance manual rack… people complain of the price but dont realize that there are engineers and mechanics to be paid… administrative fees (lol no seriously), cnc machine time… it all adds up… and then where are the profits for the company?

It’s easier said than done as mark said… sure its nice to get stuff cheap who the hell doesnt want to pay less for more quality… but ya…

I mean we’re spoiled with china made products costing a few cents abroad (literally sommetimes) and then here getting it ‘cheap’… lucky for us alot of chinese quality has improved over the years (hey you can only screw up stuff so many times we’re all humans and improve whatever we do/make)

I’m pretty sure it’s a no brainer. It’s the same case with people who know how to do an SR swap by themselves, they probably won’t pay a shop $2000 to get it installed for them unless they just don’t want to deal with the hassle.

$2000 might be a lot of money but for some people, it’s worth it if they don’t have to spend countless hours sourcing parts and fabricating headers, mounts, etc. Keep in mind someone must have the tools and the shop space to begin with.

I second that Mark.
Not everyone has access to the things some of us do.
If they did, well fuck. I would not be in business.

Regardless. The DIY’ers. Hammer down, do it up. When it’s all fucked up after. I’ll fix it for you and it will cost you more than it would in the first place (9 times out of 10)

A lot of jobs that come in now a days are from other shops or DIY’ers that fucked shit up.

Leave it to the professionals. That’s why they are call "Pro"fessionals.

Jack of all trades…master of none. Master one, and life will be fun :slight_smile:

Alright Guys! Go ahead and try to DIY an LS1 swap! If you fail, bring your car down to Chris and he’ll fix’er up for you.

Mark. I’m not trying to imply at all that anyone trying to do an LS swap will fuck it up. More a general statement in regards to my trade. Yet, I appreciate the sentiment :stuck_out_tongue: Much love brotha

:slight_smile: Do you think you could do an LS1 swap btw?

Alot of us don have garages with tools I really hate myself for paying for a swap at times-feels like a betrayal to myself-but at the same time, where would I have done it myself? Granted I had all the necessary parts, tools, and information, I wouldn’t have the space for it. I’d sooner spend install money on so much more…that gets me a bit lol.