Need Advice on SR swap!!!

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to have some advice from you guys.
I am thinking of get a engine swap for a 1997 240sx. If I want to get a SR20DET, where should I buy it? Is Lucky Star a good place to purchase the engine, also have anyone done this job before at Lucky Star???
Or can anyone tell me where they did their SR swap done???
And the most important , how much is it gonna cost?? (i know the labour is gonna be expensive, coz of the wiring!)
THank You for all of you!!!

I suggest MRWMotorsports, near Ottawa. Martin has done his share of SR swaps and picks the engines out himself before installing them. You are looking at about $5,000, more or less.

All your other answers are right here…

SRSwapQuestions

i did my very 1st Srswap at Lucky Star back in 1998 -1999 my 89 240sx was the 1st time Lucky Star did a srswap.

if you ask lucky star about my car am sure they can tell you all about it
tell them hamed’s car and they will tell you.

i think there okay there price is normal and from my understanding they have done alot of swaps since.
if you wan’t to do the swap your self i can help you out too since i did my 93 swap my self.
if you have any more question email me
brightmode@hotmail.com

Not to knock Lucky Star, but my brother had a B16 swap done by them that got all screwed up. He took the car in 3 times and they couldn’t figure out the problem. He ended up getting rid of the car since he couldn’t get the issue fixed.

We have since bought engines from them but did the install our selves.

Thats my experience!

They have stinky incomplete motors which they try to sell for more than
Tiger which has complete motors.

If you want something on the west end then Big Japanese Auto is a decent place too. I have had a couple of people recommend and their prices are pretty good.

Not sure if anyone else has had any experiences with them?

f u c k "lucky star: really but i have to tell the ture they have also fucked over my brother on his 94 Tsi he did a tranny swap and the tranny was fucked a few weeks later. but we all know DSM’s

but then again in terms of skills i can’t commant on that since they did my
sr swap back in 1998 everyshop i asked to do the swap back in 1998 turn me down or was asking over $2000 for laber because there was not much resources(information) about the sr motor swap available as it is today, and for there 1st time doing a sr swap they did a good job they even got my PS to work on a 89 240 this is back in 98

they have worked on alot of imported cars they did a LHD swap on a japanes Type R that was a RHD back in 2000

thats ture but they have complete motors too, and imcomplete motors it really is up to you, and how much money you have