LT1 Camaro spuddering/hesitating. Advice needed.

Every LT1 has opti issues :lol:

I know that reading is pretty far-fetched for most F-Body owners, but if you have problems with forums, you should try it out, if everything else comes out negative.

:biglaugh:

If you changed the plugs/wires and it was better…I bet you hit some sensor and it had shitty/loose wiring…

I would check that or find a LS1 STAT!

It was perfect for the 20 minutes that I was driving it before it got way worse. Fucking sensors. I’m kinda leaning towards a loose wire.

Plug wires are all seated properly?

Was it 20min or less then 20min? Some open loop/closed loop issue if the time was less to fully heat up.

Like I said, most likely a cracked wire on a sensor; either Water Temp or Air temp most likely.

Yeah, the wires were hugging those plugs like huge on Just Karter.

I don’t know the exact time, but it happened as soon as I pulled into the Carrabbas parking lot on the BLVD, and I live about 20 min away. So, 20 min, give or take a few.

Is it still on the original O2 sensors?

Yep. And the car has 80k on it.

This is why I’d like to find a scanner for it, so I can hopefully single out the issue before replacing first –> bitching later :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm LT1 … sputtering

opti

they make all LT1’s run like poo

Opti has been replaced.

I know a few people who have replaced optis a few times and gotten bad ones out of the box…not saying thats the issue but there is a chance…

this is why I hate LT1s :slight_smile:

Not throwing any codes?

Yup… the crab-shell hi-voltage section blows… thus the reason to switch to a LTCC (Converts to a LS1 style ignition) or a Delteq (Lost spark coils; but I don’t think Delteq is in business anymore). That way the only part of the Opti you’re using is the optical wheel.

I have a scanner that does OBDI & OBDII

Ialso have 1 you can borrow that will give ya live data

pm LoudGp

When a symptom has 5 different possible sources, reading can only go so far. Opti-spark is a plague on LT1’s, have to do some trial and error, but reading is good for learning what to look for when you dig in.

I could scan it for you if need be.

still, even after the coil cause that definately needed to be replaced. hmmmmm have you checked fuel pressure?