Who Locally Wrenches on LT1s???

Finally got the car (97 TA) put back together after heads and cam swap. The car ran great and pulled hard. All of a sudden the car began to run real sluggish and would just cut out randomly. I have a feeling that it is something fuel/ignition related which are neither an area of speciality for me. Just looking for a shop/someone locally to check it out and hopefully diagnose the problem. I know most of the F-Bod guys around here are more of an LS1 crowd, but any help would be great. The car is on the road and I am willing to drop it off anywhere locally. Feel free to PM me for more info about my set up.

-Jeff

www.NewYorkFBody.com

Still a few LT1 guys there.

I would research a LS1 swap :tup:

I was gona say the same, but it looks like he already spent some coin on heads & cam…

yes but now its not running right and making right around the same power as a bolt on LS1 :tif:

Paul

PMP
108 Sawyer ave.
Tonawanda, NY 14150

shop- 874-6261

LS1>LT1

Yes we all know this so lets stay on topic

No LS1 swap because if I wanted a LS1 Id go buy one… I’m just looking for someone to go over the car and hopefully be able to diagnose the problem…end of story.

PM Performance only shop I know that still messes with LT1s

I would like to introduce you to my friend opti spark. She is a real whore.

I didn’t even read the thread when I responded I just saw the LT1 topic…

but yea you probably have an opti spark issue.

hahaha thats great

check the coil wire first, if it still runs like shit its probably your opti

that she is

Brand New GM Opti-Spark and new Opti harness…the coil is original though…I think the problem has something to do with the mail order tune…the car starts rough and idles high than when it warms up the rpms just drop to a range between 600-800 and the car stalls unless you give it gas.

Check your temp sensors… I had a bad wire to one and it did something similar and drove me nuts trying to find it for months.

Could be the Mail-Order as well, I’d get it tweaked in locally.

Spend the coin and get a MSD Pro billet Distributor. End of story… optispark=teh suck

oil pressure? or really rich tune?

after my head cam swap, i ran it rich and it thinned the oil, and clogged the pump.

i only say it cuz my car had the same problems to a tee. then after a few short drives the motor blew.

how did thin oil clog the pump?

HOW DOES THIN OIL CLOG A PUMp caps is only for i am fat and drunk

Uhm… AFAIK that doesn’t work on the car without some serious Mods; unless you mean the MSD Billet Opticrap. The Stock PCM needs the High-resolution optical pickup in the opti for the Fuel-Injection (but I would assume you probably already know this…)