LT1 Relocation Brackets?

96 LT1

I deleted ac.

Anyway to relocate the power steering and alternator to the bottom of motor?

I tried searching for this but every site I found a hit, I ended up with dead links.

Do you need to move those for clearance for a blower or something? Why not just use an A/C delete pulley and leave the PS and Alt. where they are?

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:2,topic:37765"”]

Do you need to move those for clearance for a blower or something? Why not just use an A/C delete pulley and leave the PS and Alt. where they are?

[/quote]

I’m trying to clean up my engine bay / reduce weight… And since I still hold pre 96 emissions I’ll remove everything I don’t need. I have the 1LE AC delete pulley but I want to remove that whole bracket.

Plus it looks nicer, and makes working under the hood much easier.

Maybe look at some of the companies that sell accessory mounts for street rods? They often have nice simple setups.

yeah but it’s the lt1… not the normal smc.

there is always a loop hole with a clean installation.

thanks for the reply’s tho

I know, but a lot of gen II’s find there way into that crowd. Problem is they usually want to mount hight.

Madman sells an alternator relocation kit. It mounts the alternator down to the bottom. Kill the ps and loop the lines It opens up the compartment a lot, plus you can get different valve covers that don’t need the stupid notch for the alternator in them. I’ll post the link in a second.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog/?action=vshop&vid=4&pcid=14

I bought pulleys for my big block from these guys.
http://www.marchperf.com/

they have a ton of kits available. Summit has the best prices.

[quote=“camarojoe,post:8,topic:37765"”]

I bought pulleys for my big block from these guys.
http://www.marchperf.com/

they have a ton of kits available. Summit has the best prices.

[/quote]

I need this

For an lt1. Neither of which Summit or March has.
And the high mount looks horrible imo. Gotta be low mount.

You could use the Madman alternator mount along with your stock ps setup, but you’d have to measure for belt length and hope/pray someone sells something close. There is a decent amount of adjustability on the alt bracket but not enough to cover up 2-3" of slack if the belt is too long.

[quote=“joelster,post:10,topic:37765"”]

You could use the Madman alternator mount along with your stock ps setup, but you’d have to measure for belt length and hope/pray someone sells something close. There is a decent amount of adjustability on the alt bracket but not enough to cover up 2-3" of slack if the belt is too long.

[/quote]

If i left the stock ps setup I’d have that whole bracket still on the car. The objective of this is to mount them low. The stock bracket is so big and bulky, hence why I’m trying to remove it. As much as I want to just get rid of everything, I still need a streetable car. The madman manual rack would be great, but I need to keep power steering. She’s my DD in the summer.