Lucas Oil founder goes nuts on facebook. (Gay Marriage)

I got a good chuckle of out this one…

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/06/1412610363572_wps_5_INDIANAPOLIS_A_Facebook_r.jpg

$300million female Lucas Oil founder and Colts backer launches bizarre Facebook tirade against Muslims and minorities who are ‘running’ America

Charlotte Lucas made apparent unprovoked and unusual attack last week
Deleted the Facebook post quickly afterwards but admitted it was her later
Apologized reservedly and issued a bizarre statement about national eating habits
Worth $300 million along with her husband Forrest Lucas
Founded Lucas Oil in 1989 and is a major sponsor of the Indianapolis Colts

Controversial post: Forrest and Charlotte Lucas pictured at the Alzheimer’s Association Rita Hayworth Gala 30th anniversary in New York. Charlotte Lucas wrote a controversial Facebook message last week criticizing minorities
The multi-millionaire owner of Lucas Oil has backtracked and apologized after she posted a furious rant to Facebook bemoaning the Muslims, atheists and minorities she claimed were ‘running’ the country.
Indianapolis Colts backer Charlotte Lucas, who is worth $300 million and founded Lucas Oil in the late 1980s with her husband, Forrest, posted the controversial message to the social network on Thursday before deleting it.
‘I’m sick and tired of minorities running our country!’ wrote Lucas. 'As far as I’m concerned, I don’t think that atheists (minority), muslims (minority) n (sic) or any other minority group has the right to tell the majority of the people in the United States what they can and cannot do here.
‘Is everyone so scared that they can’t fight back for what is right or wrong with his country?’
Lucas confirmed the posting was written by her to an ABC affiliate, although the car lubricant multi-millionaire claimed that she was emotional when she let fly her invective against minorities across the country.
‘I was very upset when I wrote that,’ she said to ABC 6, without explaining what caused her furious attack on Muslims, atheists and other unspecified minorities.
'I will not elaborate other than to say that there are certain people who are trying to make the whole world eat what they want to eat and do what they want to do.
‘I don’t think it’s any of their business what I put in my mouth. Thank you.’
No context or explanation: Charlotte Lucas uploaded this post to Facebook on Thursday attacking Muslims, atheists and minorities
It has been speculated that Lucas may have been referring to Michelle Obama’s ‘Let’s Move!’ health campaign in mentioning eating habits, but in the absence of a full explanation it is not entirely clear.
Taking her apology further, Lucas said that she recognized her attack could have been construed as insensitive, but she had no regrets.
‘I apologize to everyone for the insensitive comments posted on my Facebook account,’ she said on Saturday.

'My comments did not reflect my personal views about any individual or minority group, only my frustration that our government system sometimes seems out of balance.
'We live in a great country, but the agenda for our elected officials is too often dictated by special interest groups.

‘My comments did not reflect my true feelings, and I am sorry for anyone may have been offended.’
Lucas Oil’s general counsel, Robert Patison, also issued a statement in light of his executive vice president’s dramatic and bizarre outburst.
‘Actions speak louder than words,’ wrote Patison.
'Lucas Oil is a small, family-owned, American company that prides itself on being a highly integrated and diverse organization with a great sense of community.
'We provide significant financial support for a broad range of organizations that serve the needs of veterans, women, other minority groups, and disadvantaged individuals throughout the United States.
‘Fairness and equality are core values of our company.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782510/Lucas-Oil-founder-launches-bizarre-Facebook-rant-against-Muslims-atheists-minorities-running-America.html#ixzz3FNwarYe2

That’s gonna come back to haunt them… just how fast is the question.

Who cares everyone is entitled to their opinion…

It’s not like their corporate web site displays that message

Corporations are people. Their corporation is a different person technically, so her view may not reflect the companies view. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^ Exactly how I thought. Same thing with the Chik-fil-A owner. I don’t give a rats ass if he supports gays or not. If he’s not murdering them or firing them because they’re gay, what does it matter. You could simply agree or disagree with it and go about your day

It could negatively affect PR short-term… remember the pasta guy? For the life of me I cannot remember the brand… but he was anti-gay if i’m not mistaken.

People were boycotting the brand for a while.

:clap:

I thought I read somewhere a portion of their proceeds went to extremest organizations that did things like support groups in Africa trying to exterminate any homosexual population

she’s welcome to say what she wants and I’m welcome to be entertained by it and vote with my dollar.

Ooooh, I’m sure the financially set for generations Lucas’s are terrified. The only people any boycott will hurt are the people who work for Lucas that have no control over what she said on her personal facebook page.

Increase the inheritance tax?

This is America people will forget about this in a month and life will go on with 0 financial impact.

I doubt many in the minority buy Lucas products anyway.

This. It’s funny to watch how angry people get and how quickly their flame burns out. The quality of life & attention span in 'Murica does not permit anger to linger.

That is why I call it The United States of Amnesia.

I would still buy Lucas products if they were what I used. I can’t say I really am bothered/care by her expressing her views. My guess is she just doesn’t like feeling like like certain views are being imposed on her or that her views can’t be in the open as they might offend(probably religion or something?). Media tends to very much scrutinize the majority and take the side of the minorities(be it race, religion, sexual orientation, etc).

I guess im pretty off track at this point but I guess I personally wouldn’t jump to the conclusion she is some horrible person based on these statements. IB4MORERADICALPOSTSFROMHERANDIEATMYWORDS

I remember every company that I disagree with… these guys are going on my no-fly list along with papa johns, chickfila, and others.

she may not be a horrible person, but when I’m in the store, the other brand product will now win.

Well I won’t be accepting that sponsorship…