M3 vs Mustang

It might be just as good on paper, but you would still be driving a Mustang…

Yea but with 30k in your pocket.
I guess it all depends on what you can afford.
Hell for 60k you could buy a used C6Z06 and pocket 15-20k
Id take a Z06 over an M3

I’d rock the GT500 at this point. Although it’s a car I probably would only have for about a year and then become content with the power and get bored with the looks/fit finish/ shitty interior etc. Although I’m sure there is more power on tap on top of that 600+hp

X…

Seriously?

Dont get me wrong I would prefer the e90m3 over mustang. But if I’m spending $60k+ I’m buying the coyote for half the price. Dump $30k into it, double my HP, buy a truck and trailer, buy extra tires/rims, buy more tools, redo my garage, increase the back deck behind my house, go on vacation twice a year and I probably still have money leftover. Mshadow your side-by-side comparison looks good on paper but not on the track.

Stock M3 (that cost $60+) > Stock Mustang (that cost $30+)

Stock M3 ($60+) < Modified Mustang ($60+/-)

HAHA I love this.

Haha and judging from the people who would buy a pre-owned m3 have fun with that maintence. I’d imagine you’d see a lot of I blew my “insert expensive part here” and can’t afford to fix it. What do I do? A friend happens to be a tech at BMW. Just from him tellin me how much a fucking spark plug change is on an m3…yeah no thanks.

I just love the fact that there is a serious discussion about a GT being on par with an M3. A GT. Not a Cobra, or a Boss, or some wacky tuned edition, the 'ol Mustang GT.

Maybe it’s not how soft the M3 is… maybe it’s how good the Mustang is.

I’ll be that guy.

I’d go mustang over M3.

I like it better.

I don’t see a single person cross shopping these. And I doubt the guy who just got himself a new M cares about Mustang performance. I wouldn’t.

Better comparison… buy a one or two year old version of both cars and do the same test.

Then look at resale, and what not.

Comparing a top of the line german luxury sports car to a domestic medium level car is silly.

Its like the guy who has a 400 hp civic vs a new corvette… as stated before, you’re still driving a mustang.

(that being said, i’d glady daily both, but the m3 would be a fun sports car that I’d be proud to drive)

lol @ people talking about the M3 being a “flagship” sports car. It’s ALWAYS been built as a “slightly” more aggressive street car (minus the e30 m3) and used as a homologation special. E36 M3? Soft. E46 M3? still soft. E92 M3? V8, but weighs more, but arguably the most aggressive since the E30. Any way you cut it though, BMW’s ///M brand is performance version of luxury cars made so they can go racing.

That being said, the new Mustangs are fun to drive and I would totally rock one. But I also wouldn’t be buying either new off the lot.

Ford has come a long way from the garbage they’ve made for a century.

With that said, I still would never own one and it’s just…better garbage.

I’d never buy a 328 since there’s the 335/M3 option …but I’d take it over any mustang, EW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EDIT: I am impressed at how close they are on paper though… wouldnt have expected braking and lap times to be so close. thats for sure.

To me, the best part about the M3 is that is is available in a 4 door. I can’t even imagine DDing a coupe, sooooo annoying. I would own both a these at once if I could, the mustang to supercharge and make gobbles of power, and a 4 door M3 to have something fun to drive everyday. The mustang can be DD’d, but that’s not really what it was made for. It is made to be an obtainable muscle car that can truly be driven hard and fast, it’s made to be something a blue collar guy keeps in his garage and can be proud of, and then take out and do heaters on a nice day.

On a side note, I get annoyed by people talking about how great 335’s are with mods and how close they are to M3’s. Most of the modded 335’s have plenty of power and phenomenal torque compared to the M3, but the huge majority of them still have the stock open diff. How fun is 400hp doing one wheel peels?

^^a good amount of guys that do serious 335s have LSD.

You sir nailed it. A shot and a beer for you.

This thread is littered with faggots. You and I are not two of them. But the m3 has better interior quality-SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOTS!!! I’d pay more for the Mustang that’s how fucking gay M3s are.

i actually drove my uncles mustang GT california a couple weeks ago. i was surprised at the ride quality and at the same time handling. the fit and finish isnt quite there but the leather was nice…shifter throw was pretty good…i enjoyed it.

that being said i still feel the mustang is a summer only car where is i feel I would DD the M in the winter…and it comes as a sedan…honestly i prolly still go M3 sedan…but thats me…it is interesting to compare the numbers though

I wouldn’t get either, I’d buy a new S4 and get a tune for it. The others may be better on the track, but I spend 99% of my time on regular roads, so S4 ftw! Looks awesome, really great interior, plenty of power (more with a tune) and It’s about 50k so it’s priced between the 2 also.

I would never drive a m3 or mustang.

I do love the new S4 with a tune… but it’s a horrible value even used at this point.