M3 vs Mustang

this argument is older than most of newmans gf’s.

Mustang for the track, DD the bmw.

LOL at people who say they’d never drive an m3… :lol:

I just completely disagree with a direct comparison of this sort. I certainly wouldn’t complain about the performance of either car. However, with numbers being equal, you then have to compare subjective things like “driving feel”, “innovation”, “comfort”, etc… And most of us have probably never spent any significant time in BOTH cars. So even if you were to decide for yourself over those subjective things, you then have to consider that there is a massive cost gap. Then after considering the price gap, you need to consider what the car will be used for. Is it a road track toy? Drag car? Strictly DD? Based on that, the subjective things and cost come into play to say what makes more sense.

So, IMO, the whole thing is just stupid.

With that said, I’ll take the ///M car

Great input to this thread! You add so much value and insight with your level of expertise to every thread.

People get so upset in threads like this :lol:

Sorry you can’t compare performance specs on a car forum

Paying more to drive your car less and have it be slower. That’s the best comment in this thread yet lol.

Well, I think the original article is a little on the sensationalist side. That really bothers me a bit. The point of the info-graphic wasn’t to compare cars or show how awesome the Mustang is, it was to dog the M car and get a rise out of the BMW fanatics.

I will agree with the other points made in this thread about the 335i closing the gap on the M3 a bit. The only people buying the M cars are the ones that need the rarity of the M badging and the purity of an un-modified performace car.

It’s interesting to see everyone’s opinions. I was actually considering a used e92 M3 about a week ago and getting rid of my Evo ix. This conversation is putting a lot of this into perspective for me. I could never see myself owning a mustang but I may be bias as I’ve never been an “American” car guy. I’ve always like the exterior of the M3, power and luxury. That being said buying a brand new M3 IMO is just plain dumb unless you have the funds. I then thought about where else I could put the money other than a used M3 as I think these are little over priced; of course I still will consider the possibility of owning one someday. Great conversation btw.

Not even close.

maybe not in the circles you participate in… i am sure there are no stats to prove my point, but i have yet to see an e90/92 M3 with any modifications rolling the streets… And there are certainly a handful roaming the area where I live.

edit: also, all of this is assuming brand-new purchased. Obviously I know that modifying used ///M cars is quite popular.

You see that will all kinds of cars out there, and on this board. Look at how many “bargain priced” orignally high dollar cars on the boards here are running around on the cheapest tires they could find in that size.

There is a big difference between being able to afford to buy an expensive car vs. being able to afford to own one.

X…

I thought having a $500+ a month car payment and living at home was the NYSpeed dream.

haa i just spit up my peanut butter cap’n crunch

If i were in a position to buy any of these that would be a DD and i would be able to track if I wanted, i would choose the s4. I feel the same way as krant about m3’s, they do nothing for me and would never buy one. I also hate mustangs and have no desire for any American car so i would never drive one of those either.

Sorry the stock 4.9 0-60 and 13.2 1/4 isn’t good enough to DD and have fun with. I forgot that I launch it from every light in the city and really need to shave a few extra 10ths off.

With APR software, pulley and exhaust they are hitting 11.9 in the 1/4. I forgot how slow that was.

huh? for an old argument, i’ve never heard of anyone wanting a mustang over ANY M car when track duty is involved. unless you base this on Lancaster as a “track,” most people assume road courses are meant, which Ms have always been REALLY good at, and only some of the more expensive newer mustangs have a short history of being worth shit on.

The '13 GT500 is going to put a hurting on some euros.

Granted that is your opinion and you’re entitled to your opinion but (and I’m not trying to be a dick about this) where in the title did you read M3 vs Mustang vs S4?

I’m gonna look into moving my wife and I into one of our parents’ houses so we can drive matching cayenne turbos for winter cars. LOL Perhaps pick up a few room mates and settle for X5M editions…

X…

Fact is both cars are dated and old news. The M3 has had no significant updates since it came out. Ford has done a good job with the Stang Coyote interior upgrade Recaros track pack standard HID for 2013 etc but let’s face it it’s still an archaic heap as much as I keep thinking about getting one lol. Will be interesting to see what the next gen of each car has to offer.
Btw Ford can suck my left nut for not offering lease support on anything but the V6 and then sending me coupons in the mail for 750 off that cannot be used on Boss or Shelby.
Surprised noone has mentioned the BMW dealership experience what the brand offers the free maintenance better warranty euro delivery performance driving school and so on. Then again not too many people here have bought a new bimmer much less a new Ford.

It doesn’t, I was just mentioning that I wouldn’t drive either of those cars and offering a 3rd choice and my opinion. I understand what you’re saying though. Didn’t think another option was that big of a deal