Mac and MS

WTH are you talking about .edu discount? I graduated 4+ years ago from UB. There is no alumni discount or shipping here according to my knowledge. LOL

1.8 GHZ Core Duo
80G HD
13" Screen
2GB Cache
512 RAM
DVD R/RW
Quite a bit of software pre-loaded
OS 10.4
Bluetooth
Wireless card
blah blah blah

Mine came to a hair less than $1100 delivered. (Don’t forget I am in FL)

To me this thing has quite a bit, and probably more than I will use. In comparison to some of the Vaios I was lookin at, this was a hell of a deal.

So, loaded is a base model with an upgraded hard drive? That’s like calling a cavalier with leather LUXURY.

What more do I need? None. Even the expensive macs are WWAAAAY more than what I need.

So, let me get this straight. Are you a person that needs all of the best of the best stuff? You seem real up on down playing. Seriously. I am content with my purchase and what I am getting. It works fien for me. I do not need a Lamborghini, when I am city driving all the time. Understand bro?

No harm, no foul.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a good computer, you’re arguing a totally different point. I called your bullshit saying you got a “loaded” macbook for $1100. That isn’t true.

Apparently my opinion and yours differ from loaded. It is more than what I need as is. No need to waste more money IMHO. I can spend the extra $500-1000 else where. :slight_smile:

That is like you may think Lambos and Porsches are exotic cars because you never see them. I see them daily down here, so it is not a big of deal and I view it as excessive. EOS

Yeah, my opinion of loaded isn’t the company’s cheapest model. For the record, I have a similar setup and it does me well, I just don’t shit on other people’s macbook sales.

I wasn’t shitting on your sale. You where hijacking my thread. If you had given some usefull info and posted that blurb then it would not have been a pissing match.

now all of you NYSpeed members know why I dont associate with the rochester car crowd. they act like this ALL THE TIME on roclife :tdown:

congrats on purchasing a new mac book, i plan on doing so soon so i can have something to bring around with me

I have it now, and am on it. OS X is a different animal all together n comparison to Windows. Unreal. I have fumbled through some stuff, but not too bad.

My Macbook is still being “repaired.”

Enable two finger right clicking. :slight_smile:

Yup that was teh 1st thing I did. LOL

is it in due to the known problem with the logic boards?

There’s a known problem with the logic board?

My 4 key never worked correctly. Then it wouldn’t boot.

Then I took it to the Apple store to get repaired. Fixed, but the trackpad button wasn’t working properly.

So I sent it to Apple. It’s been there since Tuesday.

I hope the hindges don’t break on your beloved macbook.

I hope you learn to type/spell :wink: :wink: :wink:

There was/is a known problem w/ the MacBook (non pro) re: the heatsink causing overheating iirc, the iBook was the infamous logic board issue (granted, Apple extended everyone’s warranty and covered it for free, etc, more power to them).

:tup:

Congrats on the new laptop though, they are quite nice compared to many of the other laptops I see pass through all day. A bitch to repair though, biggest issue is above said over-heating issue. Mostly due to the usage of cheap thermal-tape.

Actually, once I updated … whatever … it was running at a warm 51 degrees C