mac people enter

soooo. i want a mac. and since i can run windows on them now, its a good time to jump into it.

anyone have any decent experience with them?

im considering the top of the line imac (just came out today) and powerbook.

the imac is cheaper and the powerbook is less powerful and more expensive but portable. i kinda want a laptop.

what does a person do that wants a digital dark room and a nice computer to work on. please advise.

just big brother your way into peoples homes and figure it out duh.

dunno, I have a macbook and a pc laptop. I get frustrated everytime i use the macbook because I don’t know how to fucking do anything in OSX. but then i look at how pretty it is and calm down.

What do you want to know about dual booting?

i dont get what kind of info ur looking for

he wants to know who the gays are… cause clearly the only people that use MAC’s are homos

Price limit?

dont dual boot a laptop unless your planning on maxing out your ram you need tons of ram to dual boot. go with the desk top and max the ram out.

Oh god I know how you felt. I was using a Mac desktop the other day and was lost as shit on that thing. Unless I was doing graphics work and video editing frequently I would stay away personally.

Damn things look so damn pretty though!

Thats not true at all, I’ve done numerous triple boots on machines with 256mb ram and never a problem with ram utilization. 2k/XP and 2k3 server.

People who dual boot Mac’s before the Intel processors didn’t actually dual boot (like with the new Intel cores they can use Bootcamp because of x86 architecture chipset vs. non Intels using PowerPC chipset), they used Virtual PC which will run XP incredibly slow because its through emulation.

dual boot is just stupid on macs. parrallels > *

i wanted a mac

but then i found where my penis was hiding and realized i was just acting like a cross dresser

:rofl: :rofl:

Well, emulating windows in os x is kinda rough if you plan on gaming in it… Dual boot works fine, altough my windows keeps on blowing up and i have to keep installing it… UGH… i dont even do anything in it, and barely go online and the thing is spyware infested in a week… I just removed windows, ill stick with Ubuntu and os x

Macbook + 2gb RAM upgrade = win

For windows get Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp, but once you learn OSX you won’t touch windows again. Been using windows heavily since it came out…I remember booting up to DOS back in the day. Switched to OSX a few months ago and I love it. It’s not the best for certain things, but I am a big big fan now that I’ve converted. Honestly I had no problem using it the day I bought it…windows guys I don’t know what you’re wiling about…it’s not totally out there compared to windows…thought it was kinda self explanatory.

W2K is the least HD space I believe. XP is a little much.

With Parallels set up with a desktop manager, you can hit a hot key and have windows up on your screen in a second. When I ran it, there was no stalling or any slow-ness. I was running music production software in it and didn’t have much of a problem, midi lag was a bit more though. My sound card, networking…all my drivers including external ones worked instantly no driver install needed, smooth as shit.

I’d say if you got the money there’s no reason not to cop a macbook, unless you play video games or some gay shit.

YOU PLAYED VIDEOGAMES :retard:

there is no reason to run parallels unless you are trying to do something in windows and osx at the same time. all it does is run slower.

dual boot is dual boot, you don’t need high specs, all you need is enough to run either OS.

All though my recommendation is you cannot get enough memory in OSX. don’t skip there, 1gb minimum IMO, 2gb is good.

yeah that’s true, i’m assuming people just want to run windows to get a few programs that they can’t run in OSX, not to live over there. different strokes different folks.

all the macbooks are 1gb minimum now. i upgraded to 2gb but i have to send the ram back thanks to corsair’s high defect rate. oh well.

when i bought mine it was when they still had 512… holy god that sucked :stuck_out_tongue:

always buy with the minimum and upgrade on newegg. they like to bend u over on ram prices

I love my iMac, but I am bitter that the new ones came out already