mad squeaking from the belts ???

hey fellow members i just installed an alternator in my 1989 240sx hatch… and after i done that it squeaks very loud…sometimes its stops but then it comes back ? does anyone might know the problem… i never squeaked before i replaced the alternator …soo please help me…it bothers me soo much…thanks in advance.

Your alternator belts is too tight, check the FSM for proper adjustment procedure.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=6498

ALTERNATOR BELT ADJUSTMENT
Application …(1) Deflection - In. (mm)
240SX … 1/4 (6)

(1) - Deflection is with 22 lbs. (10 kg) pressure applied midway on the longest belt run.

or too loose… it will squeek if its too loose too. probably this over too tight… for it to squeek from to tight your fucking soemthing up… too loose the belt just slips

-Matt

Belt may be dry.

Try spitting on it

battery could be going and it’s always losing enough charge to put extra strain on the alternator causing it to resist more and slip… which makes it intermittent, and even if perfectly adjusted will still squeal sometimes

this was constantly happening on my p.o.s. until I upgraded from a 65a to 100a alternator… now it never happens because my battery is never low