maf sensor

hey guys i unplugged the maf sensors cuz i was idling wierd and my service car soon light came up and it really bugs me will this go away? or i have to do something?

I don’t think a problem like that will just go away. Also unplugging your maf isn’t going to solve much as the car will still be undriveable. Also the light that is on, is it a check engine light or a service soon light? I don’t know anything about s14’s so I have no clue if there is an actual “service soon” light.

Give a little more info on the idle problem? Idleing high/low? Is it surging?

its a service soon signal… and the idling like it will be sitting in neutral and staying at eigh K then all of a sudden it will shooot up to 1200 and just keep going up and down form 800 - 1200 then stopp. any suggestions? oh and it didnt show the light before i unglugged it buti plugged it back in and it still stays on.

can any one help me fix this?

it your idle stays still @ 800 then jumps between 800 - 1200rpm then odds are good you have a vaccum leak

check to see if the ECU is throwing any codes or not as well

how do i check if the ecu is throwing out codes? and how do i check the vacum leak. sorrie if im asking too many q but i dont want to mess up the car. thanks guys
mikey

haha you dont drive your car hard much eh?

check your owner’s manual, it should tell you how to turn the service light off.

i brought the car to mssc and danner checked it out said it was my ecu cuz i unlugged it so its going to stay liek that and it was drinking gas to i broguht it to nissan paid frigen 102$ for a diagnosis and for them to reset the ecu. the light went off but its still drinking gas and idling wierd. any tips.

lol no sasha i dont its my first 240sx still getting use to it and i love it to death. i like ur car i seen it today i want to see whats going to happen to ur interior