Magnetic drain plugs

Who has 'em? Do you just use one in the engine or in the transmission as well? Have you caught much swarf? Got pics? Is it really worth getting one?

Mine always has shit on it

i once dropped an entire rack of sockets in my engine, luckily i had a magnetic drain plug.

:lol fucking bret :rofl

i will say though that my magnetic plug on my 1.8t managed to catch a few treats on it. namely when my first 3071R exploded its bearings. chunks of the bearing cage and some of the bearing itself found its way to the magnet.

had one on the mr2, yes it catches shit, nothing much though.

Does it differ if the car is stick shift, plain vanilla auto, tiptronic, the new dsg or any others?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol are they even ferrous metal?:lol:lol

I put them in everything, engine oil drain, trans oil drain, diff oil drain, magnetic brake and clutch bleeder screws, coolant drain, power steering rotary vane pump drain, even my A/C refrigerant low pressure drain port has a magnetic schrader valve in it.

sockets? yes they are clearly youve never used one, dropped it in an odd place and needed a magnet to retrieve it.

ive never used a magnetic wand to get one. i usually reach in and get it out. ive used a magnet on some allen wrenches and screws and such. ive dropped sockets, but they seem to always fall out onto the ground for me somehow.

My SMR always had shavings on the drain plug, but that’s probably because it saw lots of abuse and clutch bombs during every ride.

Literally Laughed and fell out of my chair almost

Is your computer chair lowered, too?

Yes. It’s coilovers are spun all the way down at the moment.

same lol

I think I need to replace my shock. Sometimes I’ll be sitting in it and it just goes down, so I have to pump it back up and by the time I sit back down I’m all discombobulated.

FUCK!!!

HAHA, would you like to borrow one of mine from the a6? i doubt you could press that in. maybe if your whole family piled onto the chair.

I’d take the one from the A6 and throw it into the fucking garbage can.

:rofl